Fizziii

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Hellyella Sport Altitude
Hello All,
I recently (1/2) bought a '21 JLU Sport Altitude in Hellayella. I've been out of Jeeps for ~15 years and have been dying to get back in one. During that time I've had a couple of incidents on the road (rear ended by a drunk, stopped following him at the request of 911 dispatch, so he got away with DUI as there were other people at his house and everyone denied driving. Second incident was in our other vehicle, in which someone pushed our vehicle into another vehicle (which then left the road off an embankment missing a power pole on one side and a stand of trees on the other). After the first incident I got front/rear dashcams for my van. Now that I've got the Jeep I was thinking of doing something similar, however, I have every intention of taking the top/doors off during the summer.

Does anyone run front and rear dashcams in their Jeep? If so, how do you work it in the summer? I don't want to have to remove the dashcam with the top. Are there any products out there that can tie in to the backup camera and record off of that?

Best regards,
Fizziii
Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
1 camera, forward and rear recording and windshield mounted for my soft-top.

OP
OP

Fizziii

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Hellyella Sport Altitude
My van uses dual cameras. I didn't think interior cameras would capture outside all that well when it's bright out. I have a 360° camera that I've tested in a vehicle before, and it doesn't capture outside very well.... do the front/rear facing cameras capture outside decently when it's a single unit?

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
I have had many iterations of this dash cam from Version 1 up to version 3 --->

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SRQH4R7/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

VIOFO A119 V3 QHD+ Dash Cam with GPS

I have been through over 6 or 7 dashcams and this has been the best.I use this for the front and for the rear you can get the V1 or V2 (costs less) and hook it up to the rear 12V plug.

Make sure whatever you decide , the cam needs to be capacitor based and not lithium battery as those last much much longer and do not die down in the cold or heat.
For SD cards get Samsung or Sandisk ENDURANCE models.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
I have the VAVA front&back camera set up, it’s been solid.

12B866EE-4DCD-43DC-B428-21009BAF8870.jpeg