Dash Cam & UConnect

MikeG

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Just some random thoughts that someone smarter than me may have already thought about and solved. I'm interested in getting a dash cam for my JL, because, as someone else posted, too many idiots out there. I'd like a system that has both front and rear cameras. So, I'm thinking about the Blackvue or Thinkware, both seem solid and well reviewed. It would so nice, however, if someone could develop a wiring harness or other method to tap into the video feed of the rear facing camera that all JLs already have. There would be no concerns, then, about where to mount it, what top is on at the time, etc. It is already a good enough camera in a prime location. Further, one of these companies should develop a CarPlay app so that one could view the video feeds of your dash cam on the UConnect screen.
Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised dashcams, especially with the newer frontal cameras on many vehicles, aren't an option within the vehicle itself.

RubiconGaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon granite, 2006 Rubicon beige, 1995 green Sahara, 1995 Sport aqua with splash (hers), 1995 Sahara beige (his). 2005 liberty and 2006 grand Cherokee limited
Vehicle Showcase
Well the time has come to drive back into work:( so I want to get a dash cam. Both front and back. I have a soft top 2018 JL and would like to see if it is possible to connect it to the back up camera. I worry it will get stolen since I have the top off a majority of the time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored