Current build times if ordered today?

Callsign: MACE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep Sahara Unlimited - 222K+ miles
longfiredragon - I ordered my Wrangler Sahara Unlimited EcoDiesel the same day you ordered your Jeep. My order includes LED lights, tow package, premium audio group. The dealer told me 12+ weeks.

I contacted Jeep Chat a few minutes ago and was told:

"I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build."

Standing by to stand by.
Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
longfiredragon - I ordered my Wrangler Sahara Unlimited EcoDiesel the same day you ordered your Jeep. My order includes LED lights, tow package, premium audio group. The dealer told me 12+ weeks.

I contacted Jeep Chat a few minutes ago and was told:

"I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build."

Standing by to stand by.
Hopefully yours flys through, but if you are unlucky like some of us you will get SO sick of that same scheduling message.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I just ordered mine on 8/22/2021 when I chatted with FCA 2 days later they confirmed the VIN. and said all the parts are in stock, and it will be going in production soon. I chatted with them again yesterday and they said I have a frame and it is in work. I have no clue if what they are telling me is correct or not, and no clue how they schedule these builds. The dealership told me 6 weeks min. as much as 14 weeks.

I was told by several dealerships that there will be a considerable price increase for 2022. I don't know for sure, it was just word of mouth but I did ask one finance manager and they said for sure there will be a price increase, how much? she couldn't say.

I figured just order it now, at 21 prices, get it over with and wait for however long just to stay at the 21 pricing.

I am trying to be optimistic and positive here. But I think, or like to think that they are trying to push the 2021 year end builds because they want to start selling the 22's. One person mention that there may not be any incentives on the new 22's and I agree. They rarely offer anything on the Wrangler anyway and my thinking was they will want top dollar to start with on the 22's. Why I ordered the 21 now. Good luck to all waiting on their builds.

From what I see at dealerships, and on this forum most are the higher end trim levels. Again trying to be optimistic but I think if you order a base trim right now you are more likely to get it sooner because they have those parts lying around cause not many order the base level. Speaking mostly of the interior parts. Starting a few years back, I have yet to see a base trim with manual windows on a dealers lot. Always with the power options.
Yup, virtually any JLU I've seen on a locals lots over the couple years I've been paying attention were in the 56-62K range. Loaded right up.

The manual tranny and windows/locks would be far less popular to the average Mall Crawling Soccer Mom, so I can see why dealers wouldn't stock them.

This is good for my resale next spring. Since all our locals are pretty much MSRP even in normal times and they load em up, my Sport priced 20K less than any other should sell fast, especially in the beautiful unicorn yellow. If my buyer bitches about the windows I'll remind them the doors will be off all the time anyway. 😁

mschultz2007

First Name
Meghan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I’m close to ordering a Willys 6M. Was told 2-3 months. Asked for 1k deposit. Also wanted me to fill out financing info and run credit. Thought that would be done when it arrives not now as it could 4-6 months to arrives if hit more delays.
If no one else has responded to this, the reason dealers need that is that Stellantis is cracking down and auditing sold orders because some dealers were submitting sold orders just to get units on the lot. They won't actually submit for financing until your Jeep is on the ground. Not the dealer being pushy, just following current protocol.

Callsign: MACE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep Sahara Unlimited - 222K+ miles
I contacted Jeep Chat today and learned my Jeep Sahara Unlimited Diesel is built and scheduled for shipping on Saturday 9/18 with an arrival at the dealer in Indianapolis, IN by 9/29.

Sponsored

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
I ordered a base model Rubicon 2 Dr manual with only options were:
-premium soft top
-sill guards
-grab handles

.....yep that's it! Nothing should be holding up my build, still gathering parts they say! What parts?!!...I have nothing special just build my fucking jeep!

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But they won't because it don't have 10-20k of stupid unnecessary add ons .....imagine if I ordered a base sport?!...prolly wont get built till 2023....sad

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am starting to lose all respect for jeep and the way they do business and lack of communication and organization. Get it together jeep, y'all been in business for 80 yrs!!! Cut the crap before you lose all repeat customers.....

Badger33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I’m close to ordering a Willys 6M. Was told 2-3 months. Asked for 1k deposit. Also wanted me to fill out financing info and run credit. Thought that would be done when it arrives not now as it could 4-6 months to arrives if hit more delays.
@jollycj Go to any other dealer, those guys are crooks. I was there a month back and got into an argument about this exact thing. No you are not running my credit, I will not let you tank my score just for kicks and gigs. They even wanted to run my credit when I was like I am planning to pay in cash. They are now marking up every single vehicle they sell $5k just cuz, and were not going to waive that even for an order. Other area dealers will. Was out on a test drive and the guy straight up told me that they are hurting for business because the university in town does not draw the kids in with the foreign parents just buying cars for their kids.

Credit run and financing should be done closer to the ship date or when it goes out for transit. Especially if you are west coast. They build in Toledo then ship by rail to a drop yard then truck it to your dealer. Given the current shipping supply chain and their delays wait for the in transit and then do the financing. Some dealers have a network they work with to find the best option for you.
Sponsored