Sponsored

Any idea of current lead times with ordering a new build?

ForeOSU

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU
With the very limited inventory out at the dealerships now, I've not been able to find exactly what I want. Everything is either too expensive because of more options than I want or too stripped down.

I know the "typical" build lead time would vary, but is there any news out there about current lead times now that the plant is back up and running?
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Long. They are only starting up with one shift instead of two and that shift will take some time to adjust to new safety policies. And during the shutdown orders piled up and will be ahead of you. The dealers may give you a projected build date but even FCA doesn't know yet. Plus with all of the re-opening and expected second wave of covid the UAW, Ohio and Michigan may go back to shutting down.
So maybe Santa will bring you exactly what you ask.

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
With the very limited inventory out at the dealerships now, I've not been able to find exactly what I want. Everything is either too expensive because of more options than I want or too stripped down.

I know the "typical" build lead time would vary, but is there any news out there about current lead times now that the plant is back up and running?
The plant should be back up and running in a limited capacity on May 18 unless something changes... and it has changed several times since it shut down in March. If you can wait, I suggest placing an order. It may take 2-3 months to get your Wrangler but if you're going to pay $50K+ for a vehicle, why not get exactly what you want?

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2012 JKU previously
We placed my order on Friday. My dealerā€˜s guess was 75 days. Iā€™m hoping!

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey

Weā€™re in the exact same boat. Now Iā€™m trying to decide do I order a tail end 2020 in a couple of weeks or do I hold out a little longer for a first round 2021? Depreciation vs inflation.
Sponsored