JL_City_Dude

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara Unlimited
Hello!
Looking for a crossbar to put a ski rack on and looking for recommendations. I have a Thule ski extender. Thank you!
Sponsored

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
Hello!
Looking for a crossbar to put a ski rack on and looking for recommendations. I have a Thule ski extender. Thank you!
I have an older set of the Yakima gutter mount style with the round bars that fit perfectly. No idea if the Thule accessories would fit.

OP
OP

JL_City_Dude

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara Unlimited
I have an older set of the Yakima gutter mount style with the round bars that fit perfectly. No idea if the Thule accessories would fit.
Thanks! I saw something on Extreme Terrain for Barricade crossbars. I may get those since it got pretty good reviews but thought I’d ask this group if they had some recommendations.

Plumbean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon XR
I'm in the same boat. Probably just going to get a set of Thule cross bars. I've had Thule racks since the '80s, so I apparently have some brand loyalty, and I also have some Thule bases left over from a car I sold that I can repurpose the lock cores from. Have not really seen much chatter on here about folks using Thule racks though, so I would be curious to hear if anyone has used them and has any thing to say, good or bad.

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
Hello!
Are your extenders the slide out version? Because if so then they will perfectly work in the Mopar cross bars for the JL 2 or 4 door hard top.

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Funny, the Jeep branded cross bars are cheaper than Thule or Yakima. not sure if they are made by Yakima for Jeep, but the Yakima locks are a perfect fit

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
Funny, the Jeep branded cross bars are cheaper than Thule or Yakima. not sure if they are made by Yakima for Jeep, but the Yakima locks are a perfect fit
I believe they are sourced from Yakima. And yes the Yakima SKS cores are perfect.

OP
OP

JL_City_Dude

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara Unlimited
Are your extenders the slide out version? Because if so then they will perfectly work in the Mopar cross bars for the JL 2 or 4 door hard top.

hello. I ended up getting the Barricade cross bar from Extreme Terrain and installed them yesterday. They seem great so far. A little wind noise on the hwy but I’m sure that will happen with any rack.