Sponsored

Creaking Doors...anyone?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Iā€™d like to update this post by saying that my driver door has the exact same clicking as well now. It started about a month ago. Both of my front doors click multiple times when opening and closing now.
This sounds frustrating, DavidArmen! If you plan to visit a dealer and need our support, we're in private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I went ahead and had some time with the Jeep today. I used a bike wet lube (i bet household oil or any lube would work)and put a small amount on my finger and wiped it across the seals on the top side of my doors and also all the way around the back window and tailgate. NO MORE squeaks at all. Kinna spoky, lol.
We will see how long this lasts.

BMB

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
My drivers door is having the exact same issue. Very irritating and feel like you make it worse every time you open/close. Will @JeepCares still help on a 2018 JLU as this is clearly a manufacturing defect and not a result of user error or improper care?

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My drivers door is having the exact same issue. Very irritating and feel like you make it worse every time you open/close. Will @JeepCares still help on a 2018 JLU as this is clearly a manufacturing defect and not a result of user error or improper care?
Thank you for tagging us, BMB. We suggest bringing your Jeep to the attention of your preferred dealership for this, if you haven't already. If you need extra support once there, send us a private message and we can dig in.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Reactions: BMB

BMB

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Thank you for tagging us, BMB. We suggest bringing your Jeep to the attention of your preferred dealership for this, if you haven't already. If you need extra support once there, send us a private message and we can dig in.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Thank you so much Kate! Will do. I actually already have an appointment Tuesday concerning warranty work on my rusting hinges, so I will bring it up then.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Three out of four of my doors do this on a 2019. Came across the attached doc...seems to align with what the group has found. Anyone come across detailed instructions on how to remove the interior door panel without breaking clips/etc.?

Attachments

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Three out of four of my doors do this on a 2019. Came across the attached doc...seems to align with what the group has found. Anyone come across detailed instructions on how to remove the interior door panel without breaking clips/etc.?
I'd like to know the same^

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
@df007
Found a video walk through of trim removal..albeit performed for a different reason.
I'm going to try it.

And a second....

& this one may be the best. Remove stopper

Last edited:

Sponsored

BMB

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
@df007
Found a video walk through of trim removal..albeit performed for a different reason.
I'm going to try it.

And a second....

& this one may be the best. Remove stopper
Let us know how it turns out!

wrang_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU 4XE
Check the thin secondary seals on the doors, on my 2019 JL they started to squeak real bad, and after 3 weeks I finally pinpointed the problem to the thin outer seals, used ACDelco Super Lube 10-4057, and the squeaking was completely eliminated
Can you PLEASE send a picture of which seal youā€™re talking about? Iā€™m about to go nuts fixing mine šŸ™.

wrang_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU 4XE
I basically just finished going through this, after disassembling the entire door like the video above shows, still no change. My creaks/pops happen whenever the jeep turns or undulates even slightly. Rough roads make it unbearable.
Sponsored