Cracked one week in

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Florida Statute 627.7288 Comprehensive coverage; deductible not to apply to motor vehicle glass.—The deductible provisions of any policy of motor vehicle insurance, delivered or issued in this state by an authorized insurer, providing comprehensive coverage or combined additional coverage shall not be applicable to damage to the windshield of any motor vehicle covered under such policy.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
That's a Florida Law brother. You should be able to get your windshield replaced for free through your insurance.
I knew they had to replace just didn't know how many times

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I knew they had to replace just didn't know how many times
I combed through my policy this morning and it basically just says that they follow the FL statute that I just posted. My guess would be that it its agency dependent. May be worth a call to see what yours offers. We can all compare and offer the highest number of replacements, all Jeep business...🤣

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I combed through my policy this morning and it basically just says that they follow the FL statute that I just posted. My guess would be that it its agency dependent. May be worth a call to see what yours offers. We can all compare and offer the highest number of replacements, all Jeep business...🤣
I currently have USAA... Was possibly going to switch to GEICO

Sponsored

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had USAA then switched to Allstate after realizing for apples to apples coverage I could save hundreds of dollars.
That is what I am realizing

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Oh you guys

You need to learn the art of tail gating. I havent had one chip in my glass because I follow so close that rocks cant possibly get the angle to hit my windshield!

Im kidding of course.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Heard that God awful sound you never want to hear on a Wrangler... Then analyzed the windshield and sure enough one week in, she's cracked 🙄
Resized_20210323_080344.jpeg
We're sorry to hear of this happening so soon in ownership! Will you be visiting a dealer for repairs? If so, send us a private message and we can assist!

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We're sorry to hear of this happening so soon in ownership! Will you be visiting a dealer for repairs? If so, send us a private message and we can assist!

Kate
Jeep Cares
I will be filing with my insurance company and most likely completing at a dealer. Thanks for the follow up. I will definitely send you a message if assistance is needed.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Sweet... I like my lil guy climbing. Unless the insurance company will let me pay the difference for the Gorilla Glass which I doubt.
I just had my windshield replaced last week. We have Progressive and they denied the request for the GG glass.

I had the AT-AT walker sticker chasing my Jeep and had to get a new one for the new windshield. I got five—planning ahead :LOL:.

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotta love Florida. I've had 2 RV windshield replacements in the last year. Big chunk of glass that costs around 4k + labor. Free.
20200109_095430.jpg
Its far from "free"... We all pay for it in our premiums

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
I just had a very pleasant experience with Safelite Auto Glass. They FILLED the star in my other vehicle’s windshield and it looks FANTASTIC!
Why replace when it can be repaired?

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

Kate
Jeep Cares
When it happened to me in my other Jeep the dealership told me to go to the insurance since they don't cover that. Great experience 🙃

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When it happened to me in my other Jeep the dealership told me to go to the insurance since they don't cover that. Great experience 🙃
So the dealer wouldn't do the repairs under insurance???

I worry because I have the safety packages, and have read about needing to adjust them after installing a new windshield.
Sponsored