Cracked one week in

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Same here...Had safelite fix a chip...then one morning...nothing hit the windshield but a crack appeared and over the last month has spread up and across drivers side! Called insurance and Told them I want it replaced with the Gorilla glass. Waiting on the approval. One year I replaced the windshield on a Sport I had 4 times in one year. Aerodynamics? yes, maybe a little...... but I think more that the glass is just weak! This latest crack started at the very bottom of the frame under the wiper. There was no hit to the glass no mark nothing...I always keep 5 car distance in front of me for this reason, so who knows how it started but it sure did spread fast.
Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Stock windows are $60.00 that's why Safelight and the insurance charge $100.00 it's a wash for them. if you try for two replacements in a year, they are making money, insurance will not cover it.
If you have full coverage in FL, it gets replaced for free no matter how many times you need it done.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Same here...Had safelite fix a chip...then one morning...nothing hit the windshield but a crack appeared and over the last month has spread up and across drivers side! Called insurance and Told them I want it replaced with the Gorilla glass. Waiting on the approval. One year I replaced the windshield on a Sport I had 4 times in one year. Aerodynamics? yes, maybe a little...... but I think more that the glass is just weak! This latest crack started at the very bottom of the frame under the wiper. There was no hit to the glass no mark nothing...I always keep 5 car distance in front of me for this reason, so who knows how it started but it sure did spread fast.
Bad install. Stress crack due to heat from defroster most likely.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
actually, that depends on your Insurance, and where you are.

the best answer is; check with your Insurance to see what the details are for your particular situation.

Stock windows are $60.00 that's why Safelight and the insurance charge $100.00 it's a wash for them. if you try for two replacements in a year, they are making money, insurance will not cover it.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Bad install. Stress crack due to heat from defroster most likely.
Yeah That's what I was thinking too. I was going to check with Dealership and ask if they would warranty it because I'm still under the 3/36 and also have extended to 80k. I Just think they will come up with anything other than replacing...so I called my Insurance. Ya know pick your battles!

Sponsored

Harsten

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Up in Northern Alberta/BC, I've come to the conclusion to limit my replacement windshields to twice a year. Last one had three major cracks and about a dozen chips of varying size. The gravel they put down on the roads is incredibly hard on glass. Most insurance companies out here don't offer glass insurance. It's hard on all vehicles, but I swear jeeps have rock magnets built into them. I don't think I've managed to keep one for more than week chip/crack free ever.

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
On my last JL I had a crack 2 weeks in. I was so pissed, the crack was like 2 feet long across. Once I got home, I didn't drive the Jeep until the glass was replaced.
Did they replace it with the same windshield with the Jeep easter egg on the passenger side?

Sponsored

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Did they replace it with the same windshield with the Jeep easter egg on the passenger side?
No brother I was pretty upset about that. But it was free at least since FL insurance gives you 3 free replacements a year.

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
No brother I was pretty upset about that. But it was free at least since FL insurance gives you 3 free replacements a year.
I'm in Florida is three a law or is that your specific insurance company?

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
That's a Florida Law brother. You should be able to get your windshield replaced for free through your insurance.

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Gotta love Florida. I've had 2 RV windshield replacements in the last year. Big chunk of glass that costs around 4k + labor. Free.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked one week in 20200109_095430
Sponsored