MileHigh

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at covers for when the top and doors are off this summer when we're out camping. I see that Quadratec and Smittybuilt both have a cover. Is there a preference between these two? Or are there any other Brands I should be looking at? Which one do you have/use/prefer?
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Looking at covers for when the top and doors are off this summer when we're out camping. I see that Quadratec and Smittybuilt both have a cover. Is there a preference between these two? Or are there any other Brands I should be looking at? Which one do you have/use/prefer?
Dang, tell us about that Snowbicon in your profile photo. Looks bad ass.

Oh yea, Quaratec for me because they are exclusively Jeep.

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought the SB one on Saturday. So far so good. I used it on Sunday during a downpour and the Jeep stayed bone dry without any issues. Simple to put on but might be difficult to store in the Jeep when traveling. Piece of advice for whatever top you decide. Be careful when removing it after a rain storm. If you don’t get all the water off the top of it or have someone help you remove it, as soon as you pull the top over the windshield you will dump all the collected water into your Jeep, not that I did anything like that.

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’ve been using the quadratec cover for 6 weekends now. It did fine in a light rain. If you run side mirrors they have to be folded in or removed. I don’t like the way that the micro bungee straps work on the tail lights...it’s a little better if you adjust them to be below the housing instead of above.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MileHigh

MileHigh

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure gr8tops has a cover - they call it a "Jeep Jacket".
The Jeep Jacket looks nice but damn, way more cost than the other two at $225. Quadratec is $70 and Smittybuilt is $110. Over 2-3 times the cost of the other two!

suicideTone

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
RainGearCovers.com. They have a version with or without top on and each also has a w/ or w/out light bar version too. It’s sup beefy and there is a lost somewhere that shows after a huge storm with a huge puddle on it and bone dry. I’ve only used mine twice and once I should have put it on sooner but didn’t. Works great. Just learn to fold it up in a way to quickly unroll it on top in an efficient way.

OP
OP
MileHigh

MileHigh

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
RainGearCovers.com. They have a version with or without top on and each also has a w/ or w/out light bar version too. It’s sup beefy and there is a lost somewhere that shows after a huge storm with a huge puddle on it and bone dry. I’ve only used mine twice and once I should have put it on sooner but didn’t. Works great. Just learn to fold it up in a way to quickly unroll it on top in an efficient way.
The Rain Gear covers look nice. As do the other ones. Is there really that big of a difference between all these covers? The Quadratec is sold out until July 4th so that one is out. Next up is the Smittybuilt for about $125, then there's Rain Gear for $158 and then the really expensive one for $225. Looking at all the pics, I see these as very very similar. Spend the money on the Rain Gear or go with the Smittybuilt. Why is this so hard?!?
Sponsored