KSwilly

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys in Hellayella
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all, just wondering if any of you have been out to Corn Springs Campground off I-10, way out near Blythe? I'm in the mood for a weekend trip to Joshua Tree, and thinking of staying out there overnight. Trying to build out a camping rig for overlanding, so it's an opportunity to test out some gear, and get the tires dirty. :) Just curious
Sponsored

Lapis

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
I haven't been there, but If you do, note that it's still hot out here in the desert, triple-digits during the day, so bring LOTS of water.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Hey all, just wondering if any of you have been out to Corn Springs Campground off I-10, way out near Blythe? I'm in the mood for a weekend trip to Joshua Tree, and thinking of staying out there overnight. Trying to build out a camping rig for overlanding, so it's an opportunity to test out some gear, and get the tires dirty. :) Just curious
I was in Joshua Tree NP last weekend and the weather was perfect in the mid 80’s the park was almost empty of people and all the off road trails were open in and around the park.

I ran Old Crown Rd from the 29 Palms side to Bradshaw Mine to the main paved road through JT and then out of the park through Berdoo Canyon. Didn’t see a but one or two other 4x4 on the trails the entire time.

Have fun and don’t forget to post some photos......

364pipeguy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon / 1971 CJ-6
Occupation
retired Steamfitter
Hey Karl ,I've spent many a night at Corn springs. Tim is right it's going to be HOT.I grew up in Eagle Mtn. /Desert center and it does not cool off until the 1st of Nov. If you are going to Joshua. I would just stay there. More elevation so cooler. A lot more to see and explore around there also. I would be interested if you would like some company. Let me know when and where and I can make plans. Talk to you latter Paul

Sponsored

364pipeguy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon / 1971 CJ-6
Occupation
retired Steamfitter
Hey Steve, I would be interested in traveling the Mohave rd , so please keep me informed
Sponsored