Cool Keyless Entry Feature

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I just found a fantastic cool feature of the keyless ignition.

Since the keyfob is just a hair smaller than my laptop, I usually just keep it in my briefcase.

Well, I stopped by the house this afternoon to pick something up and run an errand. When I was running inside I grabbed some stuff off my seat to toss in the door. Of course it was only going to take a minute so my jeep was left running out front.

One of the things I dropped off was my briefcase.

With my giant keyfob in it.

The jeep runs fine without it. I discovered this when I got to my destination and shut the jeep off.

I now am waiting for the wife to bring my giant keyfob.

Why does the jeep not chime like my wife's Rouge? You walk away while it is running and its starts flashing on the dash and chiming. This is another reason an actual key is nice. You can't drive off without it. And if you damage it (hard to do), it costs 3 bucks for a replacement.
Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Or why did they not followed Fords lead and made a nice warning message, allowing you to restart a vehicle without a key if you are to do it within few seconds of shutting it off without a key. 30 seconds

2013 technology /programing/logic.

20210209_181016.jpg

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Why does the jeep not chime like my wife's Rogue? You walk away while it is running and its starts flashing on the dash and chiming.
A "Keyfob has left the vehicle" warning message appears on the center TFT screen when I exit my JLU while in Park and the engine is running (I carry the fob in a mini holster clipped to my pocket.)

As soon as I shut the door after getting back in, the message disappears. If the doors are removed, pressing the OK button on the steering wheel allows me to manually erase (cancel) the aforementioned message.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
Darn. I never closed the door. I opened, ran in and jumped back in closing the door. Never noticed it. Yea, my wife's Rouge carries on until it gets the fob back.

Still miss my key.

bturleysc

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
I carry my fob in my pocket, so it's never an issue for me. I obviously don't think it's as large as everyone else does.

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
If the doors are removed, pressing the OK button on the steering wheel allows me to manually erase (cancel) the aforementioned message.
Hahaha I never knew that and it always annoyed the crap out of me when running doorless (which is very often in Summer). Now I can't wait until the weather improves so I can try the OK button! Thanks!
Sponsored