Condensation behind Uconnect screen

JeepMike12

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Compass
Has anyone had an issue with what appears to be condensation behind their Uconnect screen when using the front window defroster? I've attached pictures of what i'm seeing. When the radio is on the screen becomes blurry, but when the vehicle shuts off slowly the rectangle fades away. The vehicle is under warranty so I took it back to the dealer, but they haven't been able to reproduce what I've seen and therefore haven't done anything with it (it seems like it is an intermittent problem)...just curious if anyone here has either seen this or has any idea of what might be causing it. Thanks.

Screen1.jpg

Screen2.jpg
Sponsored

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
I'd call your dealer. Suppose to be water resistant. Cant imagine that's normal.

OP
OP

JeepMike12

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Compass
I'd call your dealer. Suppose to be water resistant. Cant imagine that's normal.
Hi Jim,

I appreciate the response. I took the vehicle in to the dealer and showed them the same pictures as above but the problem is since it doesn't occur all the time they weren't able to reproduce it when they had it in the shop. They just said next time it happens to get a video of it (I don't know how that will help anymore than the pics). Since they were basically clueless I just thought maybe someone on here would have some idea/suggestion as to what was occurring.

Thanks,

Mike

OP
OP

JeepMike12

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Compass
@JeepCares

Can you give me any info on why this is occurring or how to fix it? I just purchased the vehicle a few weeks ago and it has only 400 miles on it. To me this isn't normal and it should be fixed as the vehicle is under warranty.

Thanks,

Mike
Sponsored