colored rock lights

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I order my Jeep couple weeks ago, and I was thinking of getting some rock lights that have a switch and are connected to my unlock button. I was curious on everyone opinion about going rock lights that I can change the color for like 250$ or should I just go white LED off amazon for like 50$.

My main concern is that I will really never use them maybe once a year for actual night use for off road, and they are more for show and to light up my jeep at night when I'm getting in (puddles for my wife and kids). also that I think I would use the colored lights maybe a couple times to be funny or when I first get them - my gut says that I will think its lame after awhile and I can spend the extra 200$ on sorting better.

what do you guys think is this just me getting carried away on the it might be cool factor and a waste of money, and I should just spend date 50$ on amazon.

- Jeep in Mojito so it would be green lights more then any other color.

Thank you
Sponsored

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
I’ve had actual rock lights and never used them when wheeling. Very little night wheeling and very seldom did I not have someone’s headlights behind me on a trail.
For those reasons I won’t do rock lights again. I just never used them. If you want accent lights then that’s cool, it’s your Jeep, build it how you want.