Sponsored

CO Early Fall Camping

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal JL Rubicon
The year of covid had me almost forget to use the vacation I have. Looking to take my son on a short camping trip next weekend. Figure the weather will be ideal not to mention the trees turning. Anyone have suggestions of spots to check out an 1 or 2 drive from Denver? Either camp sites or dispersed. We were up near Estes Park a couple months ago but looking south of that. Breckenridge area maybe?

Looking at Trailsoffroad as well to find locations.
Sponsored

kelvinator

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
If you're on Trailsoffroad, I assume you're looking to wheel some 4x4 trails, too? I live in Buena Vista and recommend Chaffee or Lake county over Summit county when it comes to adventuring. It's in the 2-hour range from Denver. There's nothing wrong with the Breck area; I've spent a lot of time there. I find there are more dispersed camping sites, remote trails (hiking and 4x4), and less people in Chaffee county. Plus, the fall leaves.

OP
OP

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal JL Rubicon
Thanks for the suggestion. Looking for easy to moderate trails since it will just be us two. I'll look up Chaffee county. If you have any specific areas feel free to PM.
Sponsored