Sponsored

fczabala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR; X5
Clubs

@Shantz

unfortunately recalibrating aftermarket tire sizes / gears is not part of the recall, that's an aftermarket upgrade and as such you have to pay to re-calibrate or do it yourself with JScan or Tazer, be sure you calibrate immediately after they replace the clutch so the jeep doesn't go into limp mode
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares Please chime in.

Should we be paying ANYTHING for a RECALL repair. I do not think so. i think those pesky NHTSA laws specifically frown upon this. Please advise if Iā€™ll need to pay something for the recall to be performed on my vehicle. Thanks for the response.
Hi @theory2,

Anything under the recall is covered in cost but anything aftermarket is not. Please send us a private message with any additional questions.

Blair
Jeep Cares

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
For those that have noticed a difference in pedal feel, I think that is a great thing because the feel has never been great to begin with. I do still think that the parts are the same though, and as @RegisteredUser points out about the part numbers, that further indicates no difference. I do want share a video I watched some time ago from @Actman on the possible cause of difference in pedal feel. With his teardown, he does note several friction points that would be "corrected" in a fresh install. Those grease points are clearly mentioned in the recall procedure.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I drove around yesterday and the recall clutch does catch much lower. Overall it feels as if the clutch engages much more quickly vs before I was able to slide into gear as my foot was coming up, now it seems that window is much smaller as I missed a few gear changes. Basically you have to be in your selected gear fully prior to releasing the clutch or you'll miss your shift. I'm not sure if that is a mechanical vs software change.

DP79

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I drove around yesterday and the recall clutch does catch much lower. Overall it feels as if the clutch engages much more quickly vs before I was able to slide into gear as my foot was coming up, now it seems that window is much smaller as I missed a few gear changes. Basically you have to be in your selected gear fully prior to releasing the clutch or you'll miss your shift. I'm not sure if that is a mechanical vs software change.
Yā€™all will have to tell us if it stays that way. I got an ACT clutch put in mine, and initially it was catching much closer to the floor, but now after 1,000 miles it seems to have drifted back up to where the factory clutch was. Anyone experience that, and/or know what would cause it to happen?

Sponsored

Raydar

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
... I got an ACT clutch put in mine, and initially it was catching much closer to the floor, but now after 1,000 miles it seems to have drifted back up to where the factory clutch was. Anyone experience that, and/or know what would cause it to happen?
Normally, as a clutch breaks in, it's going to lose a bit of "surface", which can cause a "higher" pedal. Probably more in the first thousand-or-so miles than for the rest of the life of the clutch.
I'm surprised the hydraulic release bearing hasn't taken up the slack, but I don't know that system, other than what I've read. It may not be designed that way.

Shantz

First Name
Shantz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Occupation
Producer
Update:

They didn't have to adjust the gears and tires for the update, but they needed to do it for the test drive. The Tazer wasn't installed before the test drive, so it went into limp mode with a Service Transmission message on the main cluster.

When I arrived to get the Jeep, I tried to recalibrate the gears and tires, but I couldn't get rid of the Service Transmission message and I couldn't get into the Tazer menu. They cleared all the codes, disconnected the battery, and still couldn't remove the message. I had to leave it there until Monday so they could take a closer look. It's surprising that disconnecting the battery and Tazer didn't work to remove the message.

More info to follow...

fczabala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR; X5
Clubs

Update:

They didn't have to adjust the gears and tires for the update, but they needed to do it for the test drive. The Tazer wasn't installed before the test drive, so it went into limp mode with a Service Transmission message on the main cluster.

When I arrived to get the Jeep, I tried to recalibrate the gears and tires, but I couldn't get rid of the Service Transmission message and I couldn't get into the Tazer menu. They cleared all the codes, disconnected the battery, and still couldn't remove the message. I had to leave it there until Monday so they could take a closer look. It's surprising that disconnecting the battery and Tazer didn't work to remove the message.

More info to follow...
reach out to @Maverick909

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Update:

More info to follow...
Dealer needs to do a full reboot with the mopar software and NOT drive the Jeep above 10 mph once they reset or it will trigger the service transmission code. Once itā€™s reset the tazer will be able to marry back to the Jeep and adjust the settings. And you should be ok to go.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
They are not being charged for the recall, they are being charged to recalibrate the Jeep for the third-party accessories.

You can have them not do the modification, but don't be surprised when the software triggers when it wasn't supposed to.

Sponsored

Shantz

First Name
Shantz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Occupation
Producer
Outcome:

So, after a little hiccup in communication between the technician, service writer, and yours truly, my beloved Jeep is finally back in action.

They advised that I needed a recalibration, which I did, but didn't know I already had a Tazer for recalibrations. They updated the computer, fixed the issue, and then used my Tazer to adjust the settings.

Gotta give a shoutout to the dealership though, they were absolutely fantastic. Auto Nation is hands down the best place I've ever taken my Jeep for servicing. Kudos to them!

ilmostro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 392XR
I bought a leftover 23 JT Willys with a MT (I have a 392 Wrangler so shush šŸ˜„) the day before I was to fly out to pick it up, it got the Service Transmission warning when the took it back to get detailed.

Cancelled my trip, dealer reflashed the software and did the dive cycle and said all was good.

I picked it up today, made it 50 miles and the warning came up. Felt like went into a limp mode as well. Called the dealer and was told itā€™s OK to drive, have it looked at when I get home.

150 miles later, the warning went off and it all seemed good.

Did another 150 miles with no issues.

I get a block from home and it came back on. Have an appointment tomorrow with the local dealer.

Are there any sure-fire fixes yet, or is it a guessing game? Bone stock, has <500 miles on it.

jeep1

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red JLRU, 2024 White JLRUX
Well... our 2020 JLRU just had the recall completed. Dealer had sent us one of their standard text messages telling us the recall was available so we dropped in to verify. Sure enough the VIN showed up as eligible and parts were available. Complete surprise since the schedules don't show 2020 being eligible until June.

Dropped it off Monday, picked it up Wednesday morning. Now either they were VERY nice to us or the latest software updates don't override programming because our 37" tires and 5.13 gears were still programmed when we picked it up an plugged in the AEV Procal Snap to check.

Paperwork clearly indicates they did the recall so we'll see if the recall notice drops off eventually.

It's currently on its drive home (about 3hrs) but so far, so good.

T.Pigott

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon 2018 Grand Cherokee Overland HA
Occupation
Soldier
Vehicle Showcase
Well... our 2020 JLRU just had the recall completed. Dealer had sent us one of their standard text messages telling us the recall was available so we dropped in to verify. Sure enough the VIN showed up as eligible and parts were available. Complete surprise since the schedules don't show 2020 being eligible until June.

Dropped it off Monday, picked it up Wednesday morning. Now either they were VERY nice to us or the latest software updates don't override programming because our 37" tires and 5.13 gears were still programmed when we picked it up an plugged in the AEV Procal Snap to check.

Paperwork clearly indicates they did the recall so we'll see if the recall notice drops off eventually.

It's currently on its drive home (about 3hrs) but so far, so good.
I'm dropping mine off Tuesday. Can't wait!

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
Did I hear they are sending out the recall notices by year?

Would someone with a 2019 have been notified yet?

Thanks!
Sponsored