Cloth top included?

jamotn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT500,'15 Mustang GT, '14 Juke.'12 HD,'18 Indian Scout
On a Sport-S,when you order a hard top do you also get the soft top?
Sponsored

Jax2578

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
OP Just FYI. Don't know if you are referring to 2 door or 4 door, but the 2 door version does not have the dual top group for any trim level.

OP
OP

jamotn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP Just FYI. Don't know if you are referring to 2 door or 4 door, but the 2 door version does not have the dual top group for any trim level.
Yeah, I am getting a 2 door,Sport-S. So,it comes std with a soft top but if you pay $1100 for a hard top,you dont get a soft top?

Jax2578

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It comes standard with a soft top ($0 option) or you can pay for the premium soft top ($595) nicer material and lasts longer or you can pay for the black hard top ($1095).

No soft top or premium soft top with hard top version.

Sponsored

Jax2578

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jax2578

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with the hard top from factory since everything is wired and in the winter here a lot of ice/snow falls off in big chucks of trees which would probably kill the soft top. I plan to get a soft top when there are more options in the after market (and I have saved some more money :giggle:).

OP
OP

jamotn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It comes standard with a soft top ($0 option) or you can pay for the premium soft top ($595) nicer material and lasts longer or you can pay for the black hard top ($1095).

Thanx, I am getting a hard top .I never have been a fan of convertible type tops. No security,noisy,leaky. need replacing soon. If I feel the need for wind, I have motorcycles that provide all I need. It would have been nice to get the std soft top supplied with the hardtop. Kind of like paying way extra for different gear ratios.The cost to the manufacturer is "zero" over the std gears. I always thought the stock ones should be in the trunk.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thanx, I am getting a hard top .I never have been a fan of convertible type tops. No security,noisy,leaky. need replacing soon. If I feel the need for wind, I have motorcycles that provide all I need. It would have been nice to get the std soft top supplied with the hardtop. Kind of like paying way extra for different gear ratios.The cost to the manufacturer is "zero" over the std gears. I always thought the stock ones should be in the trunk.
More leaks and noise issues with the JL hard tops than the new soft top.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

I have always run standard soft tops and never had any problems with longevity.

Sponsored

Jax2578

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have always run standard soft tops and never had any problems with longevity.
You're right I probably should have included "your mileage may vary depending on normal weather patterns for your location, if you go with the standard soft top versus premium soft top."

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
You're right I probably should have included "your mileage may vary depending on normal weather patterns for your location, if you go with the standard soft top versus premium soft top."
I live in Louisiana - so it gets weathered

Jax2578

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not trying to start anything. Some people do leave their jeeps out here in snow and the premium soft top tends to fair a bit better.

I live in Louisiana - so it gets weathered
Honestly, if I lived in VA where I went to college, I would have stuck with the standard soft top.
Sponsored