Cloned Order

BI0SH0CK1975

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL
I ordered a 2 Door Sting-Gray Sport S on 6/6/18. I made peace with the fact that my dealership messed up my order options. I wanted To give up Saftey Group For Alpine Audio, and they did the opposite. After contacting Jeep I found out my Wrangler was in “I” Status and the options got flip flopped. I figured I can put together a better sound system than the Alpine for less in the aftermarket and the dealership agreed to eat the cost of the Safety Group that I did not need or want. After 35 days in “I” (Inspection), my order was cloned on 8/19? and Jeep sent me a new VIN. SOOOOO....... How long does this cloned order take? Does anybody have any experience with this? Will the closing of 2018 order banks make this clones 2019 model and thus increase the price? Any info is greatly appreciated. This is my first Jeep and I’m Hella excited to join the fun!!!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
I ordered a 2 Door Sting-Gray Sport S on 6/6/18. I made peace with the fact that my dealership messed up my order options. I wanted To give up Saftey Group For Alpine Audio, and they did the opposite. After contacting Jeep I found out my Wrangler was in “I” Status and the options got flip flopped. I figured I can put together a better sound system than the Alpine for less in the aftermarket and the dealership agreed to eat the cost of the Safety Group that I did not need or want. After 35 days in “I” (Inspection), my order was cloned on 8/19? and Jeep sent me a new VIN. SOOOOO....... How long does this cloned order take? Does anybody have any experience with this? Will the closing of 2018 order banks make this clones 2019 model and thus increase the price? Any info is greatly appreciated. This is my first Jeep and I’m Hella excited to join the fun!!!!
I too received a cloned order yesterday (8/21) after being in Inspection status for 40 days. I am curious about how long other's cloned orders have taken. Anyone? Bueller?

OP
OP
BI0SH0CK1975

BI0SH0CK1975

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I too received a cloned order yesterday (8/21) after being in Inspection status for 40 days. I am curious about how long other's cloned orders have taken. Anyone? Bueller?
Funny enough.... the day after I got the new VIN, my old order left “Inspection” and is being prepped for shipping.

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny enough.... the day after I got the new VIN, my old order left “Inspection” and is being prepped for shipping.
Was yours cloned due to an issue or just have no idea? The person I talked to on the phone said the review team found as issue with my build, so I am hoping they don’t release that Jeep to me or anyone for that matter.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BI0SH0CK1975

BI0SH0CK1975

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was yours cloned due to an issue or just have no idea? The person I talked to on the phone said the review team found as issue with my build, so I am hoping they don’t release that Jeep to me or anyone for that matter.
Jeep couldn’t tell me what it was that kept it there for so long. Could’ve been a scuffed wheel or no particular reason at all. I Might just be a victim of circumstance.

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep couldn’t tell me what it was that kept it there for so long. Could’ve been a scuffed wheel or no particular reason at all. I Might just be a victim of circumstance.
Well I just received notification via cryptostickers that my cloned order’s build sheet and window sticker was found. First order only reached the build sheet stage. Looks like it is moving along!

****edit*** never mind! The sticker I received is from my first order and not the cloned order! I just checked the VIN. Makes me wonder why they cloned it in the first place...

sunshadw

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 2017 Corvette GS 2018 Jeep JL Unlimited
Well I just received notification via cryptostickers that my cloned order’s build sheet and window sticker was found. First order only reached the build sheet stage. Looks like it is moving along!

****edit*** never mind! The sticker I received is from my first order and not the cloned order! I just checked the VIN. Makes me wonder why they cloned it in the first place...

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you end up waiting on your cloned/new VIN or did you purchase the original/old Vin?

OP
OP
BI0SH0CK1975

BI0SH0CK1975

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you end up waiting on your cloned/new VIN or did you purchase the original/old Vin?
Took the original. They may have messed up the options but ended up getting a decent deal. Steering is a bit flighty but I’m sure it can be adjusted. Other than and a few misaligned interior panels, it’s been good. Looking into the aftermarket audio upgrades now. I’m surprised that there aren’t many stock speaker replacements for it yet, with it being so popular you’d think Alpine, kicker or JL would copy the 3 ear speaker mounts ASAP.
Sponsored