Sponsored

Change oil filter every other oil change?

Dusty Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Ply Roadrunner, 2010 Challenger SRT
@Dusty Dude - Yep, wine and good whiskey are for cooking — and I know how to cook !
15F82DCC-5BFD-473A-8761-83EDF171CCFC.gif
Loved that movie! Beer is also for ice fishing, a Minnesota staple in the winter. The wine and whiskey is for the cook, not the food, right?

Edit: I’m still learning how to cook. I’m having a hard time getting past the first course(round)😁

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Loved that movie! Beer is also for ice fishing, a Minnesota staple in the winter. The wine and whiskey is for the cook, not the food, right?

Edit: I’m still learning how to cook. I’m having a hard time getting past the first course(round)😁
Aww- It just takes a Lot of Practice and experience , practice makes perfect , heck, I practice every day, it’s something I’m good at . Uh- cooking is. 🍺 🥃 🍷 🍾 🍹 Cooking lesson one— first thoroughly taste test all ingredients , Then order pizza delivery. 😜 … Oh - your first mistake— a staple just in Winter? Nope ! lesson two, Remember— Beer isn’t just for breakfast anymore. 🥚🥚 😊

Last edited:

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I change my oil and filter every 2,500 miles. If it's black don't put it back.

ALeeL

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
My oil change interval on my Cummins is 15k miles and I never put that many miles in a year so I just change the oil once a year and change the filter when it is due. A good friend of mine that owns an asphalt business does this with his Cummins work truck that always has a trailer behind and he just rolled over 530k miles.

ALL filters have a max contamination capacity and there is no reason to change it way before that capacity is reached especially with today's synthetic media filters that cost four times as much as the old conventional media. Keeping the oil filter for 10k is really not that long compared to other diesels I own and work with.

Personally, I think the term "cheap insurance" is another way of saying, I don't know enough about this subject to know what is best so I will just do what makes me feel good.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dusty Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Ply Roadrunner, 2010 Challenger SRT
Aww- It just takes a Lot of Practice and experience , practice makes perfect , heck, I practice every day, it’s something I’m good at . Uh- cooking is. 🍺 🥃 🍷 🍾 🍹 Cooking lesson one— first thoroughly taste test all ingredients , Then order pizza delivery. 😜 … Oh - your first mistake— a staple just in Winter? Nope ! lesson two, Remember— Beer isn’t just for breakfast anymore. 🥚🥚 😊
Contrary to popular belief, the ice does melt in Minnesota in summer, so it is hard to go ice fishing then. :giggle:

Bandit59

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
For those that prefer to change oil at 5 thousand miles, what do you think about changing the oil filter every other oil change? 👍 or 👎
If you change your oil and not filter. Then you clean I’ll will become dirty quick. Do Both at5000. Cheap insurance

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Contrary to popular belief, the ice does melt in Minnesota in summer, so it is hard to go ice fishing then. :giggle:
Never considered the excuse to drink beer . I can drink beer by water just fine, oh yeah, with a pole, but the ice would save lugging a chest full of it around……... think I just stumbled onto why it’s a popular staple. 🤔

Last edited:

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I highly recommend changing. Don’t want it to end up like this 🤣🤣🤣. Yep. It’s petrified. God only know how many oil changes I had where they didn’t change it but charged me for it
Jeep Wrangler JL Change oil filter every other oil change? IMG_7213

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I highly recommend changing. Don’t want it to end up like this 🤣🤣🤣. Yep. It’s petrified. God only know how many oil changes I had where they didn’t change it but charged me for it
IMG_7213.jpeg
Seek legal advice
Jeep Wrangler JL Change oil filter every other oil change? 506EB2D6-6F37-42D1-8329-B14F7BCE927A
seriously— likely diminished engine life, due to at best, negligence, breach of contract that included filters.

Last edited:

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Seek legal advice
Jeep Wrangler JL Change oil filter every other oil change? 506EB2D6-6F37-42D1-8329-B14F7BCE927A
seriously— likely diminished engine life, due to at best, negligence, breach of contract that included filters.
I’m looking into that actually. Got my receipts etc. and the shop that had to replace my new engine.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
10K, unless you're running BioDiesel; then it's 8K.

from the 2021 Users Manual:
"Under no circumstances should oil change intervals exceed 8,000 miles (12,875 km) or six months, whichever comes first when using biodiesel blends greater than 5% (B5)...
Fuel filter change interval is maintained at every second oil change."

What is the recommended oil change intervals for the diesels?

JLeco2022

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 3.0 V6 Eco Diesel
10K, unless you're running BioDiesel; then it's 8K.

from the 2021 Users Manual:
"Under no circumstances should oil change intervals exceed 8,000 miles (12,875 km) or six months, whichever comes first when using biodiesel blends greater than 5% (B5)...
Fuel filter change interval is maintained at every second oil change."
funny thing is the 22 manual says don't use biodiesel lol
Sponsored