Center dash switches

Georgew48

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I installed the Mopar RV towing harness today and now none of my switches on the center dash work. No A/c, no heaters no hill decent, no park sense no auto stop start no audio controls for the radio , the radio does work and you can control it with the steering wheel controls, also all apps work on the radio. Any suggestions to where to start. Installing the RV tow harness has nothing to do with anything but the lights and they all work perfectly. I had to disconnect both batteries so could that have anything to do with it. Is there something that needs to be reset.
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I installed the Mopar RV towing harness today and now none of my switches on the center dash work. No A/c, no heaters no hill decent, no park sense no auto stop start no audio controls for the radio , the radio does work and you can control it with the steering wheel controls, also all apps work on the radio. Any suggestions to where to start. Installing the RV tow harness has nothing to do with anything but the lights and they all work perfectly. I had to disconnect both batteries so could that have anything to do with it. Is there something that needs to be reset.
Check the fuses. I think the right one to explain your symptoms is the one for ICS/HVAC (F105).

OP
OP
Georgew48

Georgew48

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I will check it.

OP
OP
Georgew48

Georgew48

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Checked the fuses and all are good. Have an appointment to take it to the dealer on Monday.

In the MOPAR instructions it says to push a wire through the rubber grommet so you can pull the tow harness through the grommet. This same grommet is where the wringing harness for everything in the cab goes through. Hope I didn’t damage one of the wires when I did this step. I was just following the MOPAR instructions. Guess we will see what the dealer can find.

OP
OP
Georgew48

Georgew48

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: Jeep is all fixed now. Found some broken wires in the bundle that goes through the firewall. Could not determine if it was cause by installing the RV tow harness or not. Shout out to my dealer Dave Dennis in Dayton, Ohio for doing an outstanding job in tracking down and fixing this problem. Their service department is the best and service manager is top notch. Word of caution to anyone installing the Mopar RV tow harness, be extremely careful when you push the wire through the grommet in the firewall. Make sure you are well clear of the other wires in that grommet.
Sponsored