Sponsored

CarPlay stopped working...Arghhh

sna77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So the unreliability of the CarPlay in this Jeep is honestly my only complaint about it. It has magically stopped working again. All 3 USB ports will power an iPhone and charge it, they Jeep just won't flip into CarPlay...

I've tried multiple USB cables and multiple iPhones...

Help!
Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Just had a situation where mine froze. I could power it off but the screen off button wouldn’t work either.

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Unltd. in Snazzberry
Try powering off and back on your phone. Sometimes I get device not supported. If not try removing your phone from your system and re-pair it. If it worked before I would think something just got messed up where they won’t talk to each other.
Can you use the system to make phone calls? It seems to me that the system treats the phone part and the music / CarPlay part as 2 separately . My Toyota did that too

chachimcnacho

First Name
Chachi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Only have had issues once or twice over the last 2.5 yrs. Ironically, again coming home just now. Song started to skip, unplugged the phone and plugged back in. CarPlay on the Jeep froze and then the radio rebooted. Came back and did the same thing a second time. Haven’t seen this new trick before. COVID?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
So the unreliability of the CarPlay in this Jeep is honestly my only complaint about it. It has magically stopped working again. All 3 USB ports will power an iPhone and charge it, they Jeep just won't flip into CarPlay...

I've tried multiple USB cables and multiple iPhones...

Help!
I’ve had mine since June 2018 and never had a problem. I use an Anker braided cable, not that it matters.

Anyway, try rebooting UConnect. I do that with a Tazer, but you can also yank the fuse (F97, I think). If that doesn’t fix it, I’d bring it in for a warranty claim.

Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I know you said you've tried 3 USB cables, but are any of them actual Apple cables? I have problems with Android auto unless I use an actual Samsung cable (phone will charge, but Android auto won't come up). Not sure if Carplay is the same way.

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I know you said you've tried 3 USB cables, but are any of them actual Apple cables? I have problems with Android auto unless I use an actual Samsung cable (phone will charge, but Android auto won't come up). Not sure if Carplay is the same way.
Had the same problem. Had to go back to a OEM cable.

SP25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
We had a similar problem during our Xmas road trip. The problem we were having was the CarPlay would quit working and the usb power was intermittent. We did some google research seemed quite a few people where having the same problem, the commonality seemed to be fuses weren’t seeded correctly. We pulled all fuses associated with the head unit and usb power, and ensured they were all the way seeded, no issues since. I don’t remember every fuse off the top of my head, but 11, 51, 97, and 101.

It was definitely frustrating, good luck getting it figured out.

catang5oh

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Cherokee
I have had the same problem on my 18 JL and Honda Goldwing. Both were resolved with a new Apple cord.

rotlex

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Had this same issue last week on a 2 month old JLU. Swapped cables. Fixed it. I've had similar in a previous vehicle and as others have said, I just stick with OEM cables now. (Or I should learn to at least)!

Sponsored

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic
I agree with some of the posts...could be cables. Buying an OEM or premium cable has worked for me. I had several cheap cables, and while they can charge, they have difficulty with data.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Since we’re talking cables, this one has been flawless with CarPlay for > 2yrs and matches my Rubicon interior:

Anker PowerLine+ II Lightning... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071WNF2ZZ

I keep it plugged into the back seat port (I have a 2dr). It snakes neatly along the side of the console and the end lands in the cup holder, right where my phone sits.
Sponsored