Sponsored

Carplay/Bluetooth issues (Jeep side)

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
I searched the group and found a few old threads, one of which I replied to... nothing current though so I thought I would start my own.

Has anyone had ANY resolution with carplay not working? It started a few weeks ago where it would cut in and out, but it left me to where I couldn't listen to the radio because when it would cut back in again it would try to switch back to carplay (turning me off from my radio channel and back on to CarPlay).

Two days ago though it quit altogether, and started giving me the "device not supported" message. I unplugged my phone and continued to get the message. This basically disables my entire LCD, which is a BIG problem since I use maps on a daily basis.

We originally tried four different phones (all apples from Apple 7 to 12) with four different cables (including the apple one that comes with the phone) and all the USB ports. I upgraded the iOS on my phone (problem persists) then pulled fuses 97 and 11, which seemed to fix the problem for about 20 minutes before it started up again.

I also noticed that the USB was appearing to charge my phone but it was not actually charging. After pulling the fuses and disconnecting all phones from the Jeep/Phone combo, it did start to charge again.

The problem is DEFINITELY on the Jeep side. It is both CarPlay and Bluetooth (seemingly) as it's happening when there is no phone connected.

I disconnected EVERYTHING (remove device on both phone and Jeep, etc) and did a test drive last night with no phone in the car at all and again got "Device not supported."

Is this a software problem? I'm praying it's not hardware... My dealer is a few hours away.

2020 JLU Sahara.
-Canada.
Sponsored

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUS, 22 Ram, 14 Must GT, 94 Cobra
My issue has only been when using USB 2 in the center console. Using the dash usbs work fine. The center console works fine when using my android phone, but not my iPhone.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Have you done a reset? I haven't seen the process on here, but there's some in the Ram forum I can go find if you don't find it here.

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUS, 22 Ram, 14 Must GT, 94 Cobra
Have you done a reset? I haven't seen the process on here, but there's some in the Ram forum I can go find if you don't find it here.
Yea I tried a reset, tried pulling fuses, and tried disconnecting the battery; all to no avail.

My understanding from other threads on here is that there is a known Uconnect software issue. So we’re all at the mercy of Stellantis

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Yea I tried a reset, tried pulling fuses, and tried disconnecting the battery; all to no avail.

My understanding from other threads on here is that there is a known Uconnect software issue. So we’re all at the mercy of Stellantis
It may be licensing with Apple, I think that's why they had to disable the rear USBs.

Edit, found the post I saw this in, it was by Jeep Cares:
Good afternoon everyone,

We understand that there seems to be some confusion around Apple CarPlay capabilities within our various models. For further clarification-
  • Due to a specification change from Apple, CarPlay was no longer able to be used from the center console or rear USB ports on any vehicle with software application level IR22.5 or higher.
  • For the JL/JT vehicle lines, a modification was made to allow the center console USB port to use CarPlay, beginning midway through the 2020 model year. Some 2020 owners may be able use the console port, some may not.
We apologize for the confusion surrounding this topic, however, please let me know if you have questions about your specific vehicle and I would be more than happy to look into it further.

Thank you,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
If by reset you mean pulling the fuses, then yes (97 and 11). I didn't disconnect the battery though, but I did look online (for two days) before posting here on how to reset it via the LCD. I came up empty.

I did find where I thought it was a reset, but it was just to factory settings... all it seemed to do was remove my favourites. That's it.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
If by reset you mean pulling the fuses, then yes (97 and 11). I didn't disconnect the battery though, but I did look online (for two days) before posting here on how to reset it via the LCD. I came up empty.

I did find where I thought it was a reset, but it was just to factory settings... all it seemed to do was remove my favourites. That's it.
No, there's a software reset. On the Ram it's a combo of key position, holding VR and Call, and opening the door in a specific order, but that's for the 12" screen.

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
No, there's a software reset. On the Ram it's a combo of key position, holding VR and Call, and opening the door in a specific order, but that's for the 12" screen.
OOH!! If you happen to find one for a 2020 JLUS, I'd love it if you could share the link or instructions. I've looked but my google-fu is weak!

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
OOH!! If you happen to find one for a 2020 JLUS, I'd love it if you could share the link or instructions. I've looked but my google-fu is weak!
Try the second one on this Vid

In run, but engine off, touch top right corner of screen for 15 seconds.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
As it turns out, CarPlay has spontaneously decided to work again (at least for yesterday). Maybe it's a Jeep thing?

Thank you for your help. If the problem persists I will try the above suggested reset, and will post back if it doesn't work.
Sponsored