Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I figured it out. I put the wires in the slots for pin 14 & 15, instead of 24 & 25. Just had to shift them one row up. I may be wrong, but I believe the photo showing the pin locations in the instructions is wrong. Or just misleading. Plus, getting the terminal connectors out of the harness is a pain in the @$$.

Screenshot 2018-09-06 at 1.34.58 AM.png
The instructions are correct from what i remember when installing mine, but i agree it was a pain figuring out and being 100% certain before pushing those wires in. I didn't realize it until my wife pointed it out but there are pinout numbers at both ends of that connector that helped me feel confident I was putting them in the right location(my connector didnt have the lower set of yellow/black wires so i was a little thrown off looking at the connector. )
Fortunately i got it right on the first try, just need to find the time and a good place to run the video cable to my camera installed in my front bumper.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I'm trying to say about the photo. I have the lower set of yellow and black in the photo (not the video cable) in what are pin locations 11 & 12. I don't think the instructions are wrong, but the photo.
I don't recall thinking that the picture was wrong as I had it in the correct position the first time I halfway inserted them. What kept me from pushing them all the way in was the left to right numbering(The first two yellow/black wires and only seeing the numbers on the left side of the connector initially made me second guess myself.) If I recall correctly I initially almost put them in 23/24 instead of 24/25, but I went through and checked the numbers/pictures 3 or 4 times before I fully pushed in the connector as I knew it would be a pain to get out.

lithe1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Firecracker Red
I found this image in another thread and figured I’d post this diagram here for use by other people in the future interested in installing Z Automotive’s video cable.

It appears to be if you were viewing the connector from the front end, though. Not from the backend, as shown in Z Automotive’s instructions.

5B42088F-9B28-4548-93F4-6A1DB413B5E6.png
Sponsored