Sponsored

Tazer JL Mini Hood Alarm Not Working

shwemp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 19 JLR
I have a 2019 JLR with the Tazer JL Mini installed and cannot get the hood alarm to trigger. I turn off the Jeep and see the red blinking light on the dash indicating the alarm is armed but when I open the hood I get nothing. With the engine on and the hood open I see the hood open light on the dash so I know the switch is working. I have tried with the fob panic set to YES and also with the fob panic set to NO, both with reboots and engine start stop cycles in between setting changes.

All other settings on the Tazer work perfectly since I have had it installed for the last 2 months, including the ESS setting staying put. Tazer has the latest firmware.

Anyone else with this issue? Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
shwemp

shwemp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 19 JLR
Have you checked here? Starting at post #5.
Thanks. I read thru those and the post seem to conflict. One says to disable set panic and one says to keep it enabled. Not sure which means set panic=yes or set panic=no but I tried both and still no luck.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Thanks. I read thru those and the post seem to conflict. One says to disable set panic and one says to keep it enabled. Not sure which means set panic=yes or set panic=no but I tried both and still no luck.
I know this is an old thread, but I was struggling to get this working and finally figured it out.

At least on my 2021, I had to go into the Tazer menu with the engine running, and then, right there as you cycle through the menu there is a "Hood Alarm" option and you have to set it to ON. Default is OFF.

I hope this helps others.

Net/Net, I think Hood Alarm is now a menu option (maybe at one point it was a non-menu option).

OP
OP
shwemp

shwemp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 19 JLR
I know this is an old thread, but I was struggling to get this working and finally figured it out.

At least on my 2021, I had to go into the Tazer menu with the engine running, and then, right there as you cycle through the menu there is a "Hood Alarm" option and you have to set it to ON. Default is OFF.

I hope this helps others.

Net/Net, I think Hood Alarm is now a menu option (maybe at one point it was a non-menu option).
Sorry for the delay. I finally updated the firmware and it still does not work for me with those settings. I believe the hood alarm just does not work on a manual transmission JL.

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Sorry for the delay. I finally updated the firmware and it still does not work for me with those settings. I believe the hood alarm just does not work on a manual transmission JL.
Did you try going into the menus with the engine running?

OP
OP
shwemp

shwemp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 19 JLR
Did you try going into the menus with the engine running?
Yes. I set the hood alarm setting to yes and also have the panic enabled per the instructions. Thanks.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Yes. I set the hood alarm setting to yes and also have the panic enabled per the instructions. Thanks.
@shwemp

Curious.... prior to your setting up your Tazer JL, had you ever tried to start or remote start your JL with the engine compartment hood up? Did the JL start with the hood up ?

OP
OP
shwemp

shwemp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 19 JLR
@shwemp

Curious.... prior to your setting up your Tazer JL, had you ever tried to start or remote start your JL with the engine compartment hood up? Did the JL start with the hood up ?
I bought the Tazer before I took delivery of the Jeep and installed it at the dealer back in 2019, so no, I have not done this. No remote start for M/T.

I do see the hood open on the dash when the hood is open so I know the switches are working.
Sponsored