Camping NY/CT (Long Shot)

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
OK, So we are sitting here ready to go camping in NY/CT, only problem is we don't know where to go. There is nothing worse than a bad camping trip. We don't want to end up in some crowded campground with people running around with their shirts off (basically a trailer park). We are looking for something more private with nice views, water, and possibly boating. Any suggestion would be extremely helpful.
Sponsored

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
Housatonic Meadows in Western CT is a nice place. Right on a slow part of the river. Not real far south of Lime Rock Raceway. Or see about Tolland State Park in the Berkshires MA. Right on the lake there.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
OK, So we are sitting here ready to go camping in NY/CT, only problem is we don't know where to go. There is nothing worse than a bad camping trip. We don't want to end up in some crowded campground with people running around with their shirts off (basically a trailer park). We are looking for something more private with nice views, water, and possibly boating. Any suggestion would be extremely helpful.
I know this is late but how about Montauk, Long Island?

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
I'm itching to get out to a campground as well, one on the quiet side of the street... But the camper isn't quite ready. I really need to push this weekend so that I can start spending some weekends out of town.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
I'm itching to get out to a campground as well, one on the quiet side of the street... But the camper isn't quite ready. I really need to push this weekend so that I can start spending some weekends out of town.
I always wanted to go camping out at the Eastern LI Campgrounds near Greenport. Can visit Jamesport Farm Brewery this way as well. Thanks, COVID!
Sponsored