Camera and parking sensors

Snowdogs

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Hard Rock, 2018 JLU Sahara
I have the Parksense system on my wife's JLU Sahara. I got her a spare tire cover and put it on this morning. We went out and when backing out of a parking space I noticed I was getting a warning on the right side of the alert. I also noticed that the backup guide lines were missing. After looking at the sensors and camera to make sure they weren't hit, I took the cover off. This fixed the alert but it took about 6 restarts and messing with the settings to get the lines back. Has anyone else had issues with a tire cover and if so what fixed it?
Sponsored

toeshark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I haven’t had an issue with the tire cover, but I’ve found that the backup lines are often missing if I try to go in reverse before the uconnect system has fully booted up.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Sounds like it was a weird coincidence. Do you have an oversized spare tire? A tire cover is nowhere near the sensors on the bumper, unless it is sticking out several inches. The camera lines is an unrelated, common UConnect bug.

OP
OP

Snowdogs

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Hard Rock, 2018 JLU Sahara
Sounds like it was a weird coincidence. Do you have an oversized spare tire? A tire cover is nowhere near the sensors on the bumper, unless it is sticking out several inches. The camera lines is an unrelated, common UConnect bug.
Everything is 100% stock. I couldn't figure out why it would be affecting the sensor either.

I did find a thread about the camera, finally. I'll put the cover back on and see what happens.
Sponsored