Tom R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon, 2016 Audi S4
Hi,

Was having a problem with the rear parking sensors on my 2021 Jeep Rubicon (two would always go off even if nothing behind and 3rd never went off). The dealership final found the issue (the bumper was slightly off). They replaced the sensors and they are working now. Only issue is that the sensor are gray and are real noticeable. They said Jeep changed the sensors and now all are gray, not black. All jeeps built in the last 2 months and going forward will be gray. Does anyone know if this is true? Does the sensor have a black cover that is missing? If this is true, why would Jeep switch to a gray colored sensor when most/all of the bumpers are black?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Hi,

Was having a problem with the rear parking sensors on my 2021 Jeep Rubicon (two would always go off even if nothing behind and 3rd never went off). The dealership final found the issue (the bumper was slightly off). They replaced the sensors and they are working now. Only issue is that the sensor are gray and are real noticeable. They said Jeep changed the sensors and now all are gray, not black. All jeeps built in the last 2 months and going forward will be gray. Does anyone know if this is true? Does the sensor have a black cover that is missing? If this is true, why would Jeep switch to a gray colored sensor when most/all of the bumpers are black?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Mine are black, July build.

Do you have the part number for the new ones? I'm having similar issues in my aftermarket rear bumper.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I bet you simply got the wrong part. The sensors themselves are probably same across the board, but they've got different colors for different types of bumpers, vehicles, etc.
Sponsored