California 4XE Ordering

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
For those who are living in California and have/will buy a vehicle out of state: California lemon laws only cover vehicles sold or leased in California. So, if you bought your vehicle in another state, it doesn't qualify.

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
For those who are living in California and have/will buy a vehicle out of state: California lemon laws only cover vehicles sold or leased in California. So, if you bought your vehicle in another state, it doesn't qualify.
Yes definitely something to think about. For me it is not worth the couple of thousand more I would have to pay in State to worry about it. I wonder what the percentage of new vehicles ever get lemon lawed?

Sponsored

BiscuitEater

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
There are a few other 4xe’s you can see in the picture - maybe one is yours.
I wish but just got an update that t was at the depot about an hour away. I order 1/20, how about you? Also, did yours show up before the ETA from Jeep Chat?

dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
I wish but just got an update that t was at the depot about an hour away. I order 1/20, how about you? Also, did yours show up before the ETA from Jeep Chat?
I ordered on 1/25. The last I spoke with Jeep Chat they gave me a window from like 4/7-4/21 so it arrived about in the middle.

BiscuitEater

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
I ordered on 1/25. The last I spoke with Jeep Chat they gave me a window from like 4/7-4/21 so it arrived about in the middle.
That's a helpful reference point in what has seemed to be a strange order/build/deliver process. It's my first time going this route so all in all it's been an interesting learning experience. My Jeep Chat delivery ETA is 4/19 - 5/3 so it's on track for that window.....hopefully on the earlier end of it.

On a side note (which I'll post on the Marketplace), I'll be going straight from he dealership to swap the 33s for 315s. If anyone in CA wants the 33s, I'm happy to deliver on my drive from SoCal to NorCal!

dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
That's a helpful reference point in what has seemed to be a strange order/build/deliver process. It's my first time going this route so all in all it's been an interesting learning experience. My Jeep Chat delivery ETA is 4/19 - 5/3 so it's on track for that window.....hopefully on the earlier end of it.

On a side note (which I'll post on the Marketplace), I'll be going straight from he dealership to swap the 33s for 315s. If anyone in CA wants the 33s, I'm happy to deliver on my drive from SoCal to NorCal!
Yeah this is my first time ordering a build like this too. All I can say is that I’m very glad I wasn’t depending on this Jeep showing up at a certain date.

Sponsored

feashore

First Name
Ness
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty 2005
% is not the factor, they are straight out giving $1,000 below invoice on Rubicon and $1,250 below invoice for Sahara. In my case, a $67K MSRP, with $63K invoice, the $1,000 below invoice is 1.6%

I spoke to Juan and he's OK with everyone knowing so if you are in CA, reach out to him at [email protected]

In my case, the 1.6% below comes out the same as if I went with Mike at Mall of GA who is giving 7% below invoice. You have to factor in losing CA rebate, high doc fees, shipping costs, DMV smog check, etc. I think Mall of GA ended up a couple hundred cheaper but that was based on $1,200 shipping costs and that's a big variable because many are different but then you have to factor in will it arrive with dings from travel, etc.
Thanks for the info. So I am still new to car buying. Did you give them your Jeep 4xe build from the Jeep site and then they gave you a quote and breakdown for final price? I understand the MSRP is the base price on the sticker plus the addons.

I sent emails around San Diego area and San Diego CDJR matched the $1,000 for $1,100. But I still need to see what the pricing will end up.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Thanks for the info. So I am still new to car buying. Did you give them your Jeep 4xe build from the Jeep site and then they gave you a quote and breakdown for final price? I understand the MSRP is the base price on the sticker plus the addons.

I sent emails around San Diego area and San Diego CDJR matched the $1,000 for $1,100. But I still need to see what the pricing will end up.
Yes build your jeep from the website and then save as pdf. I emailed that to them and they confirmed the sales price. So for me, my MSRP was $67k and invoice (which they will show you on their internal build sheet) was $63k. So my sales price is $62k before the 9k rebates from Fed and CA. So my true sales price is $53k (basically $14k below MSRP) before taxes.

Also you should get the invoice price before you start negotiations. Some one on here actually built an excel that I used where you plug in your options and it will show you line by line msrp vs invoice price

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Yes build your jeep from the website and then save as pdf. I emailed that to them and they confirmed the sales price. So for me, my MSRP was $67k and invoice (which they will show you on their internal build sheet) was $63k. So my sales price is $62k before the 9k rebates from Fed and CA. So my true sales price is $53k (basically $14k below MSRP) before taxes.

Also you should get the invoice price before you start negotiations. Some one on here actually built an excel that I used where you plug in your options and it will show you line by line msrp vs invoice price
Here you go for the spreadsheet to build your order and see invoice and MSRP pricing ...

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ng-worksheets-for-2021-jl-jlu-wrangler.52566/

Most, after they get into this, start talking in terms of a percentage off invoice (vs MSRP) ;)

AC4Xe

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Just got an update that mine is at the train depot in Benicia, CA. Should be at the Auburn dealer on Monday. Pick up Monday or Tuesday.

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
My invoice price on a Rubicon 4xe was ~7% below MSRP through my credit union in San Diego. They have an auto buying service and negotiated the price with the dealer, so I didn't have to deal with salesmen or even set foot on a lot. All I did was build it out on Jeep's website and send them the specs.

Also, check the tax rate for your area -- for example, Los Angeles is 2% higher than Orange and San Diego counties, so see if you can use an address down there to save an extra $1,000 on taxes (then you can use the savings to buy more accessories or a nice gift for the bank guy).

UPDATE (05/03): My order was placed on 04/01 and I just received word today that my Jeep will be available for pickup tomorrow. I also passed along the $1500 California Clean Fuel Reward and dealer applied it, no problem. Apologies for being "that guy" to those who ordered months ago.
Sponsored

Last edited: