California 4XE Ordering

cutandrun

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 turbo, Mercedes G550, Rubicon 4xe
You got them to give you your VIN? I asked, have not gotten it, but have not pushed for it either....I figure all the watching and tracking will just drive me nuts, hopefully Francisco is on top of things and dates are good for 4/7 to 4/15.....I'll certainly share if I hear different, hope we all see them soon!
Yes, they gave me the VIN a couple of days after I ordered. Did not have to push at all. I get better info out of the dealer than I do out of Jeep Chat though, so I’m not sure it would help you much. As you noted, it just adds anxiety.
Sponsored

NavinJohnson

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JLUR 4xe
Yes, they gave me the VIN a couple of days after I ordered. Did not have to push at all. I get better info out of the dealer than I do out of Jeep Chat though, so I’m not sure it would help you much. As you noted, it just adds anxiety.

I too have been getting better info from Rydell - my salesman's name is Rad and he has been great with info. He provided the VIN within a few days of ordering, and he just let me know this morning that my Jeep has been shipped, with a likely arrival date at the depot in CA on April 22nd, with a delivery date at the dealer likely several days after that.

On the other hand, Jeep Chat told me (also this morning) that my Jeep was still awaiting the installation of options, which was a cut and paste of what they told me the last couple of times I had inquired.

So Rad/Rydell has been MUCH better. I'm not going to bother with Jeep Chat anymore I don't think. Now I just have to be patient. This is going to be a VERY long 3 weeks or so.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Would be excellent if we could get it here all in one place here what people have been able to put together for the 4xe near CA. If the OP doesn't get around to putting it in the first post - can always start a separate thread.

For locations within range of a CA buyer willing to travel (or ship) a bit. I've heard SoCal - Rydell and Tuttle, NorCal - Auburn, Vegas baby (!), Idaho, Washington and I'm sure there are more ...... power in information!

Dealer:
Contact name:
% below invoice:
Fees:
Financing required (% of discount it gets you):
Tread Lightly:

BiscuitEater

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
Would be excellent if we could get it here all in one place here what people have been able to put together for the 4xe near CA. If the OP doesn't get around to putting it in the first post - can always start a separate thread.

For locations within range of a CA buyer willing to travel (or ship) a bit. I've heard SoCal - Rydell and Tuttle, NorCal - Auburn, Vegas baby (!), Idaho, Washington and I'm sure there are more ...... power in information!

Dealer:
Contact name:
% below invoice:
Fees:
Financing required (% of discount it gets you):
Tread Lightly:
I think it’s a great idea and as a customer would have loved to have done this a few months ago to be informed going into pricing negotiations. Everyone needs to make a buck but in the big picture we each have to look out for our own interests and be spending wisely. At this point a consolidated list in CA or even nationwide would confirm what we are all finding to varying degrees and would put the dealerships in a tough spot knowing they have a commodity we all want. I’m on the fence of being more customer vs FCA/dealer centric. Glad to discuss but wary of putting final pricing for all to see.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
I think it’s a great idea and as a customer would have loved to have done this a few months ago to be informed going into pricing negotiations. Everyone needs to make a buck but in the big picture we each have to look out for our own interests and be spending wisely. At this point a consolidated list in CA or even nationwide would confirm what we are all finding to varying degrees and would put the dealerships in a tough spot knowing they have a commodity we all want. I’m on the fence of being more customer vs FCA/dealer centric. Glad to discuss but wary of putting final pricing for all to see.
I've seen there is a nationwide "map" out there for the regular wranglers, but it's a little more mixed to figure out for the 4xe. And it always seems out here in CA it is harder to find a deal. That's the main reason for the thought here.

My hope is people will be comfortable to share (and even welcome dealers to say what they will do) - I always have and don't see any downside to it. Then people can make an informed decision depending on if they are in SoCal or NorCal and how far they are willing to travel for a price.

The dealers will always still make a buck - I'm not too worried about them ;). Maybe one of them wants to be known as the CA place to go for a hybrid ....

Sponsored

Snackerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 JK Sport,18 Power Wagon, 17 Challenger SP
I don't have keys in hand yet but I did an order with Phillip Olson (he's on the forum) in WA. I'm located in Santa Cruz county but the no BS price of 6% under invoice will make the trip very worth it. I figured I needed an excuse for a vacation, anyhow.

Last edited:

ElHobbz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4wd Tacoma OR
Nampa ID 5% below invoice. Even with CA 1500 rebate at sale I am missing out on its still worth the drive. Plus get an excuse for vacation hitting up Utah, and Vegas on the way back.

ITGuy

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
The ultimately best dealer possible for anyone living in CA is for them to move to a different state and purchase a Jeep from there.
Great advice, I’m a life long California resident, love the weather but yes we get hosed on purchase price, gas to fill it up, the sales tax for upgrade parts, and just about everything else!

RobTrachtman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttleclickchrysler.com
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Fleet Manager Tuttle Click Jeep Chrysler Dodge Hyundai
All of ours at Tuttle Click are showing they are staged for shipment awaiting a rail car to bring them here. I apologize for inconsistent updates to those that enjoy them more frequently but other than rampant speculation I would rather tell you. Yes or no the car is on its way for instance. According to the info I can see in dealerconnect which is Jeeps dealer software as of the other day they are awaiting a train. Most of them. Yes the wait is disappointing, but they will be here sooner then later.

Sponsored

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
Just as a reminder for CA peeps about the $1,500 point of purchase rebate that is available if you buy in CA and reside in CA. Factor that into your buying equation (conform with the dealer first):

https://cleanfuelreward.com/

i now see the 4xe is on the website!

Jeep Wrangler JL California 4XE Ordering 7B174F3A-3CB5-4FCA-9793-A752C29D906B
It is still cheaper for me to go out of State but you bring up a good point for in state buyers. For the average 60k 4xe the California rebate is about 2.5%. Another thing to consider is California has very low doc fees. Probably another 1%. Then you have travel costs and I believe you have to have your jeep smogged when you come back in the State too for me another 1%. All factors to consider.

As for me I think it is going to be worth it. I am actually looking forward to the trip as I used to live about 5 miles from the dealer in Idaho but I completely understand that for others it may not be worth it. All the dealers I talked to in California wanted MSRP plus but to be honest I did not try very hard.

I hate buying cars but I don't blame dealers for getting as much money as they can. California is an expensive place to live and to do business. One great thing about the internet, from the buyers point of view, is dealers have a hard time outright lying to you like they often did in the old days.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Exactly how I look at it. With an assumption that 1% of invoice = ~$500- 600.

Even if you have a CA dealer do Tread Lightly at invoice less 1% as an example - which should be a slam dunk.

Starting point = invoice less 1%
CA doc fees = -1% to -1.5% (CA = $85 vs out of state at $400-$900)
Financing = -2% (if you finance with us at inflated rate I'll take $1,000 off)
CA clean fuel reward = -3% ($1,500 instant rebate courtesy of taxpayers - don't get me started!)
Ending point = Invoice less 6% or 7%

Add in travel costs - air fare, hotel, gas (or plugging in!) etc = 1% to 2% further. Or substitute shipping at 2% ish.

And then there is your personal time, and for some working with a local dealer. Those are your own value variables.

Now, if we know there are dealers in CA that on a regular wrangler will do 4% off Invoice. I don't see any reason why a dealer (maybe in a couple of months) would not do that on the Hybrid - there is no reason I can think of other than supply and demand.

With that example you are looking at Invoice less 9-10% as a comparison at some point - who knows?? But I may wait to find out.

Anyway, hope that is helpful for people to think through it and make an apples to apples decision.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Exactly how I look at it. With an assumption that 1% of invoice = ~$500- 600.

Even if you have a CA dealer do Tread Lightly at invoice less 1% as an example - which should be a slam dunk.

Starting point = invoice less 1%
CA doc fees = -1% to -1.5% (CA = $85 vs out of state at $400-$900)
Financing = -2% (if you finance with us at inflated rate I'll take $1,000 off)
CA clean fuel reward = -3% ($1,500 instant rebate courtesy of taxpayers - don't get me started!)
Ending point = Invoice less 6% or 7%

Add in travel costs - air fare, hotel, gas (or plugging in!) etc = 1% to 2% further. Or substitute shipping at 2% ish.

And then there is your personal time, and for some working with a local dealer. Those are your own value variables.

Now, if we know there are dealers in CA that on a regular wrangler will do 4% off Invoice. I don't see any reason why a dealer (maybe in a couple of months) would not do that on the Hybrid - there is no reason I can think of other than supply and demand.

With that example you are looking at Invoice less 9-10% as a comparison at some point - who knows?? But I may wait to find out.

Anyway, hope that is helpful for people to think through it and make an apples to apples decision.
Which CA dealers are starting at 1% less invoice? The ones I've spoken to the lowest is 2% OVER invoice and they don't honor tread lightly.

So if you can let us know which CA dealers are starting at 1% below invoice, that would be very much appreciated
Sponsored