Bumper mounting options

DanN427

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Wrangler Rubicon 4Xe
I've searched and searched and the only two bumper mounting options I can find for my JL 4Xe, (plastic bumpers) is the Mopar brackets and the Quadratec brackets.

I've heard that the Mopar ones are a PITA to install, and require cutting and drilling, which I don't want to do on my Jeep with 2100 miles on it, and the Quadratec brackets, which I like and ordered, are on backorder until the end of the month, (which was pushed back once already from 7/20), and I'm like a 7 year old a week before Christmas.... I don't wanna wait!!!

Is it possible that there are only TWO options for mounting these brand new, still in the box, beautiful 6" KC Slimlite LEDs on the bumper??

Does anyone know of another brand I can look at?

C'mon internet, do your thing!!!!!
Sponsored

Sethward01

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Perhaps you may have to go aftermarket for a bumper that will support your lights? I ordered Westin WJ2 bumpers for my Sahara 4xe and got the one that has the integrated LED light bar mount. If nothing else, you may be able to drill two small holes in the plastic bumper and use some metal brackets underneath to keep your lights from moving.

OP
OP
DanN427

DanN427

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perhaps you may have to go aftermarket for a bumper that will support your lights? I ordered Westin WJ2 bumpers for my Sahara 4xe and got the one that has the integrated LED light bar mount. If nothing else, you may be able to drill two small holes in the plastic bumper and use some metal brackets underneath to keep your lights from moving.
If I spend any more large amounts of money on another thing for the Jeep I'm going to end up living in it!! She will kick me out!! LOL

I'm just impatient.. not really looking to drill any hole in anything.

Just have to wait and be patient!

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I can't find the thread at the moment, but I know some folks on here have removed the "strip" that's in the middle of the plastics front bumper, giving them access the bolts underneath to mount brackets to.

This is the diagram for the steel Mopar bumper, but the plastic one also has a similar piece in the middle.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bumper mounting options 1627057776341

OP
OP
DanN427

DanN427

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I got another notification the other day that the Quadratec brackets will be on back order until the end of August, and I still don't want to drill into a Jeep with 3000 miles on it to put on the Mopar brackets, so I got creative....

I pulled the plastic fascia behind the bumper out, ran to my local hardware store for some 1" metal and some 5/8" bolts, nuts and lock-washers, called a buddy over, and made it work until the better, less bouncy, more secure brackets come in!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Bumper mounting options 20210801_170856

Jeep Wrangler JL Bumper mounting options 20210801_170850

Jeep Wrangler JL Bumper mounting options 20210801_195639
Sponsored