Britney on Netflix

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
I genuinely believe they’re extremely nice people and their earlier videos were great - when they wheeled and had how-to’s.

Lately the content is just not that good... too much sponsored stuff and too little knowledge and information being passed through. I appreciate the adventure they’re having and sharing with everyone but if I’m going to watch for 30 minutes at a time, I want to learn something. I own a Jeep - I don’t need to live it vicariously through them.

I’m more into BleepinJeep or Way o life (sic) (so it doesn’t get edited) or hell.. even JK Gear and Gadgets has had good wheeling and edutainment.

Anyway, I’m done pooping so I’m going to get off here. Bye!

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
To be fair:
1) she does interrupt @Kevin8086 too much, and does most of the talking. I do enjoy hearing from Kevin too. There are many times per video, when I said, man I wish Kevin would have just finished what he was saying.
2) I don’t believe they are just commercials for YouTube influencers, and even if they are, who cares? It’s just immature, and not valid, and the OP can’t get over this. But he did say he is a Britney supporter now, since the show, so maybe she is good now. ;-) I mean, we all go to this site, even though there are commercials on this website, and many of them don’t apply to me. I can promise you I won’t be buying a Honda, even though I am looking at a Honda Summer Spectacular Event advertisement (on this Jeep specific site) just to the right of the box I am typing in. ;-). But we all still come to this website, which is loaded with ads. Why the double standard applied to Kevin and Brit? If we applied that same logic to everything, nobody would watch TV, watch online TV shows and channels, read the paper, listed to the radio, visit any website, they all have commercials. Just watch the videos, learn what you want to learn, be entertained, but make your own decisions in the end.
3) I believe they are good people on the whole, and the personal negativity is undeserved. Trust me, there are much worse people out there. If the worst thing that Brit does, is interrupt Kevin a lot, I can get used to it, but I do wish she would let him finish. ;-).
4) none of us are perfect, we all have our little things we do, that bug other people, etc. it’s just that Kevin and Brit are on YouTube, but that doesn’t mean they any less of people, they are still perfectly flawed just like all of us, just as any of us want to be treated fairly and kindly, they deserve the same treatment. I just did a run on sentence, one of my many flaws. My wife would have a laundry list to type here, but she still loves me. ;-)

For YouTube channels, In my browser, my first three tabs are Litebrite, Way a Life, and Ronny Dahl, with the occasional Trailrecon. Keep up the videos Kevin and Brit. I am a fan and appreciate it all.

I appreciate how you sponsor and bring us awareness of Jeep garages across the country, keeping trails open in Colorado, awareness of trails and those more privately run and give back to charities (aIn Texas or Arkansas was it?), Jeep parts and gadgets, and more. Most other channels, just do parts and gadgets and trails, but you guys raise other awareness and supporting things like Jeep garages. Keep it going.

Last edited:

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I genuinely believe they’re extremely nice people and their earlier videos were great - when they wheeled and had how-to’s.

Lately the content is just not that good... too much sponsored stuff and too little knowledge and information being passed through. I appreciate the adventure they’re having and sharing with everyone but if I’m going to watch for 30 minutes at a time, I want to learn something. I own a Jeep - I don’t need to live it vicariously through them.

I’m more into BleepinJeep or Way o life (sic) (so it doesn’t get edited) or hell.. even JK Gear and Gadgets has had good wheeling and edutainment.

Couldn’t agree with you more. I find myself watching all these YouTubers early on. Then they monetize it (which I would do as well) and the content goes downhill fast because it is all ads and they are all getting the stuff for free so the reviews even suck because they are all good.

Same happened to them. Early they posted they were staying real. Yeah didn’t happen. Same them, they got this supercharger stuff and then their stuff blows up and of course then dance around all that and don’t report the truth because of course they do t want to piss off the free product givers because if they were honest more folks would be scared to promote with them.

I haven’t seen one of their vids since the supercharger stuff.

Trail Recon is becoming the same way. I like the folks that dont YT for a living and actual give good reviews and honest feedback.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Couldn’t agree with you more. I find myself watching all these YouTubers early on. Then they monetize it (which I would do as well) and the content goes downhill fast because it is all ads and they are all getting the stuff for free so the reviews even suck because they are all good.

Same happened to them. Early they posted they were staying real. Yeah didn’t happen. Same them, they got this supercharger stuff and then their stuff blows up and of course then dance around all that and don’t report the truth because of course they do t want to piss off the free product givers because if they were honest more folks would be scared to promote with them.

I haven’t seen one of their vids since the supercharger stuff.

Trail Recon is becoming the same way. I like the folks that dont YT for a living and actual give good reviews and honest feedback.
You’ve lost all credibility, they never had a supercharger. And how they handled the situation, I think they were in a hard position, and did the best they could, to be fair to us and to the company. For example, if the install was the problem, then you can’t blame the manufacturer. And if they did publicly blame the manufacturer before knowing what was the true cause, and then later find out it wasn’t the product, they would lose all trust. Get facts first, then report it. Don’t we complain about the media because they throw garbage out there, and now you are complaining when someone does the opposite?

Maybe you should be more like them, get your facts straight and then have an opinion, and share it.

It was a turbo charger, not a super charger.

Sponsored

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
You’ve lost all credibility, they never had a supercharger. And how they handled the situation, I think they were in a hard position, and did the best they could, to be fair to us and to the company. For example, if the install was the problem, then you can’t blame the manufacturer. And if they did publicly blame the manufacturer before knowing what was the true cause, and then later find out it wasn’t the product, they would lose all trust. Get facts first, then report it. Don’t we complain about the media because they throw garbage out there, and now you are complaining when someone does the opposite?

Maybe you should be more like them, get your facts straight and then have an opinion, and share it.

Absolutely correct. We gave the facts and only the facts. Nothing else needed to be done or said. We wanted to make 100% sure we weren’t giving out bad info and spent hundreds of hours and months of trying before releasing any information on the TURBO kit. It wouldn’t be fair to anyone to do anything other then what we did. Glad you and many others see the real problem and solution

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I think putting $50k plus of motor and equipment on their Jeep have moved them right out of their demographic. I think that hobo-ing out of their Jeep for the next couple of years will be the end of their marriage. I think that they’ve jumped the shark by getting involved with Netflix.
Fortunately for us you are 100% wrong on everything you just said. Our numbers are growing faster then ever. Our support is higher then ever. Netflix has opened many more doors and we’re having the time of our life.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Normally I don’t care for small dogs but that Jelly is adorable!

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

I guess you proved my point exactly. Other than me misnaming it you nailed it. They have become a commercial and their content has gone way down hill in my opinion, or am I not allowed that in your world.

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR

My beef with JK Gear and Gadgets is the opposite problem. The husband is so insecure and threatened by his wife that he constantly puts her down. It is just mean-spirited and makes him look like a small man. Most jeep enthusiasts would be thrilled to have a spouse who is also into jeeps and trying to do jeep things and not see it as competition or up-staging. Unclear what she sees in that guy or why she puts up with it. Makes me so uncomfortable that I cannot watch their videos.

Sponsored

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I guess you proved my point exactly. Other than me misnaming it you nailed it. They have become a commercial and their content has gone way down hill in my opinion, or am I not allowed that in your world.
I never commented or said anything about their current content, so you’re just grasping at straws and talking to me about items I never addressed. I NEVER proved your point, cause you don’t have one. And my first post addressed the commercial point, which was not addressed to you. You can have your opinion, I can have mine. But only one of us is stating facts.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Everybody I know that have met them say the same thing, they're really personable and fun to hang with.
They were at AOAA a couple of months ago and my Wife wanted to meet them. She was texting back and forth with Brittany for a while but we were already on the trails and didn't get back in time (they had been out all weekend)

I will say that it's not as much fun watching the videos since they now have a Jeep that is so over the top that it's not relatable. I will say that that gal can drive!! I'm 3 episodes in, can't wait to see how she does!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I can't believe this thread is still going, it was meant primarily as a joke. As the OP i would like to clear up a few things, so random people on the internet don't get the wrong idea about what and why i posted (another joke).

First of all, I have been critical on this forum about the Lite Brite series (and others) on YouTube. I think that they went down the rabbit hole of being a commercial, and that took away from their initial charm. Do I blame them? I guess not, it seems like everyone on YT does this. I mean we can't expect people to devote the time and energy it takes to produce this content for free. It seems like it's pretty much a full-time job, and our time is all we have to sell. It's their choice and I can choose not to watch their videos, which i don't anymore. Nearly all my comments were meant in fun and with no malicious intent, but that doesn't translate well on forums. So on that note I do apologize to @Kevin8086 and Brittney for being overly critical.

Secondly, on this forum and on social media in general, people pick teams on a topic and shit gets out of hand quickly. This is definitely the case here. Lite Brite supporters have been quick to accuse people who have a different opinion as being jealous or insecure. Just because someone doesn't like the way their channel is produced doesn't mean they're jealous. I can't speak for everyone, but my comments were all either my honest opinion and generally good natured when possible. I think it's pretty cool that they are doing what they love, but I'm in no was jealous. So listen to this critics.....I would not trade any aspect of their life for mine. If i wanted a turbo or an engine swap I would write a check. If i wanted to take a few months off and ride all over the US....well, I can't do that. I have responsibilities to other people. But I'm not jealous.

And lastly for the few people still reading this super-long post and especially @Kevin8086, just because i may not be a fan of their content doesn't mean I hope they fail. Actually, even though I don't watch Lite Brite I hope they have enormous success. I truly hope they make a business out of this, make a shit ton of money, buy a sail boat when they're 40, and sail off into the sunset. I don't dislike either one of them. I don't know them so how could I? They seem like nice people, and both of them drive extremely well. We all know "Kev" is legit and after watching the drifting show, we know "Brit" is too. (I was pulling for her super-hard)

So when i say Kevin is pudgy and Britney talks a lot, it doesn't mean anything else. We're all a part of the Jeep family, and family pisses you off constantly. (If we were at a bar and someone started some shit with Kevin, i would punch them in the fucking face.) Good luck to the both of you, and if we ever cross paths I'll buy you a beer.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR

Perhaps my perspective is a little bit different on the LiteBrite channel, since I don't own a Jeep. I don't care if the products they use are awesome or crap, since it's very unlikely I will buy any of them. I don't care if their Jeep has 35s or 40s, 6 cylinders or 8. As long as they push what they have to it's limit, I'm interested. I keep going back to the channel for their personalities, and enthusiasm for what they do. They work very well together as a couple IMO.

Brad from Trail Recon also strikes me as an individual who has a lot of enthusiasm for what he does. Again, I don't care what wheels, suspension, or graphics he has on his Jeep. I care about the places in the world that he shows me, the places I may never get the chance to go. I care about the production quality. I don't mind if he takes a moment to plug a product or service.

Everybody has their own preferences, I get it. Some people are willing to sit through 12 minutes of shaky video to get an "unbiased review" of a part, but that sure ain't me.

I have a general interest in vehicles and off roading. Maybe a Jeep will end up in my driveway one day, maybe it wont.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I think that a lot of folks have forgotten that they aren't just talking trash about some celebrity in Hollywood, or a Politician who is never going to see what they are saying. These are real people, and they do read this forum. Being critical is one thing, but a lot of what was said here, and in some other threads, went way beyond simple criticism. We should be a family, a community of Jeepers, helping each other out. Not trying to knock each other down.
Sponsored