Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Controversial opinion alert:

The best way to enjoy quality bourbon is whichever way you like best; whether it involves ice cubes, mixers, or drinking it straight from the bottle. Screw those “purists” who wince and clutch their pearls when people enjoy a whiskey sour or old fashioned instead of drinking it neat or with 4.3 drops of purified glacial water.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Controversial opinion alert:

The best way to enjoy quality bourbon is whichever way you like best; whether it involves ice cubes, mixers, or drinking it straight from the bottle. Screw those “purists” who wince and clutch their pearls when people enjoy a whiskey sour or old fashioned instead of drinking it neat or with 4.3 drops of purified glacial water.
I could not agree with you more.

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I've read Buffalo Trace is a standard for under $25. Middle taste is turpentine but finishes OK. Being new to Bourbons what else is recommended. Wild Turkey 81 is easier to drink. BTW, I'm a Johnnie Walker Black label Rusty Nails fan, light on the Drambuie.

stevepoz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red JLUR
Sub $30 - Elijah Craig, Makers Mark, weller special reserve of you can find at retail

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Sub $30 - Elijah Craig, Makers Mark, weller special reserve of you can find at retail
Wild Turkey 101 and Larceny are also winners in my book. The standard Old Forrester is amazing for even less cost.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Weller Special Reserve isn’t at all rate here yet. Under $30 everywhere and always on the shelf in abundance. Every other type can’t be found at all, not even at premium markup. Secondary market only, except for one scumbag liquor store that has 12 year for $250.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I've read Buffalo Trace is a standard for under $25. Middle taste is turpentine but finishes OK. Being new to Bourbons what else is recommended. Wild Turkey 81 is easier to drink. BTW, I'm a Johnnie Walker Black label Rusty Nails fan, light on the Drambuie.
I used to be a scotch guy. Still enjoy it but I drink bourbon more. Treat yourself to a bottle of Balvenie Caribbean Cask.

Regular Buffalo Trace is about the only thing out of that distillery that I don’t much care for. If you can find Eagle Rare 10 Year that isn’t marked up it only runs $33-40. Great Stuff. Try finding a bourbon aged between 8-10 years. To me that’s a sweet spot that often makes for a very drinkable bourbon.

Sponsored

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
It's BTAC season. Several raffles going around here. One local shop gave tickets for buying an Old Elk Wheated Bourbon store pick they had. It is delicious, but at $80 I only bought two bottles. Ended up getting to buy an Old Rip Van Winkle since my name got drawn ($124 OTD). I might try to trade it off for a GTS unless other raffles pan out for me. Another shop takes toy donations and for every $10 worth that you donate, you get a raffle ticket. I have 11 tickets from that one. The drawing is on the 18th.

Total Wine has a lottery style system that only Grand Reserve members can enter. They dont do the drawing until early next year but I doubt I'll get anything. The more you spend, the more chances you have to win. This year was not a big TW year for me...only Grand Reserve because of last year's spending.