First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
What are these Lounoutin boots you speak of ;). O h I can talk watches and Bourbon till the cows come home
IMG_7645.jpg
Christian Louboutin footwear. really nice shoes that have the trademark red sole bottom. Usually you see power women wearing them. Every once in a while ill get a pic from my women of her in her Louboutin’s, some Agent Provocateur, with a whiskey and i know im in for a really good night. they also make shoes and boots for men.

actually funny story. She met me at a bar one night and i was sipping on some Basil Hayden. She comes in, sits down, bar tender asks her what she’d like “ill have what he’s having” “its a neat Basil Hayden” she’s classy, but gives him the polite/classy/a touch sassy look “yeah. Like i said. What he’s having”.

i really like Blanton’s, but they kind of piss me off. Their whiskey is really good but it has gotten really hard to find on the easy coast and very expensive. They actually export more of their batches than they sell domestically. In a recent tour overseas, a buddy of mine and I got in good with the local whiskey shop owner. he would always set aside Blantons for us when it would come in, and we got to have the gold label, green label, and the other batches Blanton’s makes only for export. They are all really good, and i dont understand why they dont sell them all here. The cask strength with a few drops of water to mellow out the burn was my favorite. Iirc, it was a 110 proof.

I might need to make a Kentucky trip to source a few bottles Soon.

also, nice Roli. My woman bought me a Rolesor Sea Dweller this year. I really like it. The delivery experience was enjoyable.
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
@Kurt0 Yeah you would think being right here in Lexington Kentucky the bourbon would be easy to get. We moved here 2 years ago and I started my journey on bourbon. Mostly because we started going to all the distilleries on tours. One thing leads to another and now I am down the rabbit hole of wanting to try everything.

I did start just going to one store. He is big enough to get the good stuff. I wasted a year trying to build a relationship with some smaller local ones and they just don't move enough juice to get any good allocations and I was too low on the "list" to begin so I headed over to a bigger but still independent place. I am early in the relationship but he did hook me up with the Blantons. I think I have his trust now that I am not a seller but a consumer. I always show him pics of my half drank bottles so he knows I am not flipping them. I have not tried Weller (the good one) yet but he knows I would like one if he gets one in.

Now that you mention those shoes I do know what they are. My wife calls them "loabs" or something. I did not know they made men's shoes I thought they were just CFM heels.

Lastly yes I am a watch freak. It is my other hobby and vice. I don't smoke and only drink about 3 drinks a week so my wife lets me have the watch vice. Hers is purses.

Cheers.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
@Kurt0 Yeah you would think being right here in Lexington Kentucky the bourbon would be easy to get. We moved here 2 years ago and I started my journey on bourbon. Mostly because we started going to all the distilleries on tours. One thing leads to another and now I am down the rabbit hole of wanting to try everything.

I did start just going to one store. He is big enough to get the good stuff. I wasted a year trying to build a relationship with some smaller local ones and they just don't move enough juice to get any good allocations and I was too low on the "list" to begin so I headed over to a bigger but still independent place. I am early in the relationship but he did hook me up with the Blantons. I think I have his trust now that I am not a seller but a consumer. I always show him pics of my half drank bottles so he knows I am not flipping them. I have not tried Weller (the good one) yet but he knows I would like one if he gets one in.

Now that you mention those shoes I do know what they are. My wife calls them "loabs" or something. I did not know they made men's shoes I thought they were just CFM heels.

Lastly yes I am a watch freak. It is my other hobby and vice. I don't smoke and only drink about 3 drinks a week so my wife lets me have the watch vice. Hers is purses.

Cheers.
cfm heels indeed.

you enjoy that Blanton’s, sir.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
You might be surprised that a small unassuming mom and pop liquor store may get more allocated holy grail whiskey than a much larger store. I’ve found that to definitely be the case for me in my area. We’ve got the huge mega retailers like Spec’s and Total Wine. They never have anything allocated and if they do it’s going to high volume commercial customers.

I found a small local place that’s in a lower income old part of town and frankly looks like a dump. Found the Weller 12 without the typical huge markup and the Van Winkle with a moderate markup. EH Taylor for under $50. Never shopped there before and they sold it to me. Manager said they don’t usually hold bottles back for anyone unless it’s a special order. If they have it, they put it out. I’ll be spending more of my money with them in the future.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
You might be surprised that a small unassuming mom and pop liquor store may get more allocated holy grail whiskey than a much larger store. I’ve found that to definitely be the case for me in my area. We’ve got the huge mega retailers like Spec’s and Total Wine. They never have anything allocated and if they do it’s going to high volume commercial customers.

I found a small local place that’s in a lower income old part of town and frankly looks like a dump. Found the Weller 12 without the typical huge markup and the Van Winkle with a moderate markup. EH Taylor for under $50. Never shopped there before and they sold it to me. Manager said they don’t usually hold bottles back for anyone unless it’s a special order. If they have it, they put it out. I’ll be spending more of my money with them in the future.
that sounds like a good shop. Here in Virginia, The State controls it all

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I noticed a new liquor store had opened up within the last few weeks a few doors down from the supermarket. Stopped in to see what’s up. First Lady who comes to help me says they don’t have any of the allocated stuff. I ask for suggestions based on what I told her I like. She’s never had any of the bourbon I like. Long story short, the manager comes over and I ask her if she will call when they get a shipment of certain whiskeys. She says sure and takes my info. Then she says “Oh, we do have some Weller 12 year, but you have to buy 2 bottles of wine from the ones we have on promotion.” How much? Suggested retail, no markup! A bottle of moscato and some unknown red that I’ll gift someone, I’m walking out with my second bottle of Weller 12 in the last few weeks. Cheaper than the last one.

BEF4F280-05AF-41A4-8631-1702A604E940.jpeg

CJACKZ

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2003 Expedition, 2003 C230 kompressor
Occupation
Making Trash
@Kurt0 , what part of VA are you in? I hear that one of the liquor stores in my area receives regular shipments of Blanton’s.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
@Kurt0 , what part of VA are you in? I hear that one of the liquor stores in my area receives regular shipments of Blanton’s.
really? I’m in the NoVA area but that KTM 1290 will get me anywhere.

got a lead?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
If you’re willing to ship it, I’ll pay or trade you for some.

CJACKZ

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2003 Expedition, 2003 C230 kompressor
Occupation
Making Trash
I will check when I’m back in town. Should be able to enlist some like minded boubonists to assist in the acquisition of this elusive spirit. 😎

@Kurt0 and @Chocolate Thunder I will see what I can do!

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
We have a new old distillery here in Kentucky called Castle and Key. Very cool building. Great story behind it. Master distiller Marianne Eaves was the one who started back up but has since left. Only a 3 yr Rye. We got there gin when we did the tour pre-COVID. Not sure how to make it straight
Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... CDC9F327-41BD-4C8C-AA0F-3C8769A657E6