Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
i am working with Chris at Tankcustoms and trying to research wheels on my own as well as what Chris is suggesting and I know I am going to a 17x8.5 or 9 with a negative offset like maybe a 12 running T/A KO 2’s but what is confusing to me is the bolt pattern, I really like the looks of Fuel Wheels but the bolt patterns are generally 5 on 4.5 and 5 on 5 so the wheels have multiple bolt patterns and my question is WTH is up with that, from messaging with Chris and searching on my own these wheels fit multiple bolt patterns so first off how safe is that with all those damm holes and how ugly do they look with all those holes.

When I look at just 5.5 lug configuration my choices go way down from the sources I am looking at
Sponsored

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking the -12 offset would push the LT315 /70 R 17 tire out about 3” or so outside the fender on my Sahara. JLU

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have seen pics of the -12 offset on a few different Jeeps with the 17x9 wheels and they only stick out about 3” or so

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
i am working with Chris at Tankcustoms and trying to research wheels on my own as well as what Chris is suggesting and I know I am going to a 17x8.5 or 9 with a negative offset like maybe a 12 running T/A KO 2’s but what is confusing to me is the bolt pattern, I really like the looks of Fuel Wheels but the bolt patterns are generally 5 on 4.5 and 5 on 5 so the wheels have multiple bolt patterns and my question is WTH is up with that, from messaging with Chris and searching on my own these wheels fit multiple bolt patterns so first off how safe is that with all those damm holes and how ugly do they look with all those holes.

When I look at just 5.5 lug configuration my choices go way down from the sources I am looking at
It is very safe. Almost every wheel manufacturer does this. You don’t see the lugs or the empty holes. Everything will be covered by the center cap

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
It is very safe. Almost every wheel manufacturer does this. You don’t see the lugs or the empty holes. Everything will be covered by the center cap
Thanks for the info, yes everything would be covered by the center cap but after looking and looking I just could not wrap my head around this and it’s not from a safety standpoint it’s from a looking standpoint as I just did not like the looks of such a large center cap so I went with a dedicated 5 on 5 wheel, to me it looks visually a lot cleaner not having such a large center and does not take away from the looks of the wheel.

FA67B752-0620-4806-B077-1188F70025D6.jpeg
Sponsored