Sponsored

Body colored vs black top

PatriotUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911S, 2020 BMW X5
anyone with granite crystal, white or sting grey 2DR Rubicons, post pictures with your body colored and black hard tops. Can’t decide which to order. pros and cons of either?
Sponsored

scj64

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ram 2500, ‘23 R/T, ‘23 20A 392, ‘22 FLHTK
Jeep Wrangler JL Body colored vs black top 5713A610-7E12-42FD-ABE3-CD313CA48B6D

Color matched everything on my wife’s ‘21.
Ordered a ‘22 Rubicon today in Sarge and color matched fenders were not an option.

thance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Commander, 2002 Liberty, Looking for JLURD
Those colors will all look great either way. The black will blend in with the granite and contrast well with the others. If you plan on taking the top off or off-roading the black will be less susceptible to nicks, chips and scratches. I just ordered a granite with black top and fenders so thats my choice.

Jeep-JB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
anyone with granite crystal, white or sting grey 2DR Rubicons, post pictures with your body colored and black hard tops. Can’t decide which to order. pros and cons of either?
If you're like me and always putting something on the roof, whether a rack, a kid, or a roof top tent, IMHO, the black textured roof hides blemishes a little bit better than the body colored one. I do think the body-colored one looks way better, but in the rough and tumble world may look worse for wear over time. But if just driving and not carting on it, go for it.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Those colors will all look great either way. The black will blend in with the granite and contrast well with the others. If you plan on taking the top off or off-roading the black will be less susceptible to nicks, chips and scratches. I just ordered a granite with black top and fenders so thats my choice.
The black top can be touched up with a black Sharpie also.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your 3 colors choices are mine also. You going with painted fenders? Are you considering a black grill?

I owned a Granite '19 JLR with black top and painted fenders. I am about to order a 2022 JLR and am considering White and Sting Gray. I will get the black top no matter which color. The black tops are easily touched up with a black Sharpie. I am on the fence about the painted fenders this time. White with white painted fenders or white with black fenders. Maybe a matte black grill on the white for more contrast. I am going with painted fenders if I decide on Sting Gray.

I loved the Granite. The black top kind of blended in with the Granite. All JLs have wavy doors. The only negative of a darker color like Granite is it shows the imperfections of the door waves more. White and Sting Gray hide the waves more.

Here is a link to some Granite pics.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/granite-crystal-metallic-wrangler-jl-club.1755/

White JL pics
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/bright-white-wrangler-jl-club.1753/

Sting Gray pics
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sting-gray-wrangler-jl-club.5710/

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Rubicon, but you get the idea.

Jeep Wrangler JL Body colored vs black top 914AD5E3-A96D-4AD2-911B-3736AE8A5E54
I like the gloss black Willys wheels more then the Rubicon wheels on white. Not sure if it is still a problem but early white fenders and grills used to turn yellow. Not a problem if you go with black fenders and black grill like yours. The contrast is nice.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Thanks. That’s what sold me on white. A white Rubicon looks great with a black grill too.

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Easiest solution.....
Jeep Wrangler JL Body colored vs black top Jee

Eandras

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler unlimited Sport S Black
I love the stanard black top especially on a Black Jeep. As someone else has stated it is less likely to chip or scratch And can be fixed with black paint from any auto parts store. As far as the fenders as long as you clean them and coat it with a product like PooyBoys World Trim Restore they will look new, I prefer the plastic fenders along with the side step it keeps the Jeep from getting ding in the paint from assholes who slam theur doors into the Jeep. They feel it’s a Jeep Who cares as someone said to me after doing it to mine. Needless to say they did not like when someone did it to them. Oh it wasn’t me
Sponsored