Bluetooth Music Problems

YYC_Rubicon

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4-door
Today I was driving and trying to listen to music on my phone through Spotify. I started having an issue where the music would play for less than a second and then pause/mute on its own, pressing play only repeats this over and over again. I tried using a couple other audio sources from the phone and all of them were not playing any audio. I tried resetting the phone, turned off the Jeep, unpaired bluetooth and re-connected, messing with the volume on the phone and the system and after much frustration the issue persists. Has anybody else experienced this? Any recommendations for how to fix?

For reference it is a 2020 Wrangler with the 7" system and an iPhone 11.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Sponsored

Vahdettin

First Name
Vahdettin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
This happens occasionally for me as well. It doesn't matter if its wired CarPlay or wireless CarPlay via the cplay2air adaptor, the behavior is always the same. The only way I get it to stop is to turn off the car and let it sit for a few minutes. Note: I also open the door to force the Uconnect to power down as it speeds up the process. After that, things always go back to normal.

It's very annoying and I've never heard of any permanent fix. Now that you've mentioned bluetooth, it makes me think it's a Uconnect issue and not iPhone specific. I don't think Uconnect knows specifically what kind of device it's talking to outside of just being a bluetooth device so it seems it would happen with any music source.

Fishtales

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Rubicon Unlimited.
Interesting. I have had this issue a couple times in the six months of ownership. But this last week its been often. Has your issue been for awhile? Or recent? I wonder if its not unit specific but carplay or uconnect across the board having issues.

OP
OP
YYC_Rubicon

YYC_Rubicon

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. I have had this issue a couple times in the six months of ownership. But this last week its been often. Has your issue been for awhile? Or recent? I wonder if its not unit specific but carplay or uconnect across the board having issues.
I’ve had the Jeep for little over two years and this is the first instance I’ve had. I parked it at work overnight and when I drove home in the morning it seemed to be working normally again so I’m not sure what the issue was or if it’ll happen again, really annoying though

Vahdettin

First Name
Vahdettin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
This problem has been around as long as I have been using my iPhone via CarPlay. I have a 2018 so it's been years now.

A really strange thing is that it doesn't just cut a song off, it quickly fades the volume out and then pauses. No matter how many times I hit play, it responds in the same way after a second or two. I can also navigate to another song and it will do the exact same thing with that song. Weird.

Only way to get rid of it is by what I mentioned above.

Sponsored

OP
OP
YYC_Rubicon

YYC_Rubicon

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This problem has been around as long as I have been using my iPhone via CarPlay. I have a 2018 so it's been years now.

A really strange thing is that it doesn't just cut a song off, it quickly fades the volume out and then pauses. No matter how many times I hit play, it responds in the same way after a second or two. I can also navigate to another song and it will do the exact same thing with that song. Weird.

Only way to get rid of it is by what I mentioned above.
Appreciate the feedback, I’ll be sure to try it out next time it happens. Seems like a silly bug to have to deal with, I’m surprised uconnect and Jeep haven’t patched it if it’s been happening this long

Ellebelle

First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Chevy volt
My husband has a Chevy Volt with CarPlay and it does all kinds of strange things. Some days it doesn’t connect at all and others it connects wirelessly. It’s kind of a crapshoot. One can hope that my 23 Jeep with have a perfectly working system when it gets here
Sponsored