Uconnect, Android Auto, Bluetooth vs. Bluetooth hearing aids

6.2Blazer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Thought I would ask here in case anybody has any experience. Dad recently bought an '19 JL with the base Uconnect. He has hearing aids that automatically connect to his phone via bluetooth when the phone is in use (received or sends a call). I paired his phone with Uconnect so he can display mapping software on the screen (Waze, Google Maps, etc....). Did this via Bluetooth and also tried unpairing the phone and just plugging it in via a cable. The trouble is that when he receives a phone call it tries to play it through the vehicles stereo and through his hearing aids, which causes all types of feedback in the vehicle. Also, when he gets out of the vehicle the hearing aids are no longer paired to the phone and he has to go back and manually reconnect them.
Anybody familiar with settings that would allow the maps to still show up on the screen but for the Uconnect/vehicle to not patch into the phone calls? Ran out of time to mess with the settings but tried several and it was still occurring.
Sponsored

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
I use Bluetooth bone conduction headphones with my IPhone. When I plug my phone into the Jeep, 7” screen, it transfers my phone calls , music, gps, etc to the speakers in the Jeep. When I unplug it transfers automatically back to the headphones. If you have an iPhone there’s a setting to change from one source to another. I don’t think there’s a way to send gps navigation to the speakers and phone calls to his hearing aids. Is there a setting to change the hearing aids over when plugged into the Jeep?

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
Could be a base 5" issue in how it handles audio. I have a similar hearing aid setup but, the 7" radio and no problems with switching.
Sponsored