wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I was highly disappointed with Bear Wallow. Paying $50 for the off road pass and not even having any difficult obstacles. I did the black trails and was super bored so I decided to leave. I saw a double black diamond trail and decided to check it out. I made it down one trail and it wasn’t super bad but then I got to an intersection where I either went straight up hill or straight down. I didn’t want to do either one so I tried to turn around. Well the ground decided to give way and my front drivers side tire slip into the trail and the weight of the Jeep took over and I couldn’t stop. I didn’t really take any pictures of when I got stuck but this is the only thing I have. Being stuck there for 8 hours really sucked!

ADFD3ABB-DDD5-43B3-A918-1610C045E464.jpeg

627C8B1A-4E84-4616-8052-EADE3D06F63F.jpeg
I used to run those trails back in the mid 2000s with ATVs. They were cool for that. Of the Hatfield & McCoy trails. We liked Rockhouse better. We were passing by Bear Wallow on our way home from North Carolina and decided to run the trail. I had a passenger so it was over $100 to run the trail and get the badge. I not impressed in the Jeep. A SxS would have been more fun for the trails.
Sponsored

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
I used to run those trails back in the mid 2000s with ATVs. They were cool for that. Of the Hatfield & McCoy trails. We liked Rockhouse better. We were passing by Bear Wallow on our way home from North Carolina and decided to run the trail. I had a passenger so it was over $100 to run the trail and get the badge. I not impressed in the Jeep. A SxS would have been more fun for the trails.
Yeah it’s crazy that it cost so much. I’m really disappointed that Jeep decided to add this trail to the list. I would have been happy not running this trail at all!

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Well my front axle showed up! I got it last week and forgot to post it lol the rear axle is being regeared at After Hours Motorsports in Denton TX! I also wasn’t too happy about paying $60+ on the elocker harness so I just made my own! Works perfectly and only cost me $5!

2C30DFF5-BEB3-4641-8E51-AF47ED060F73.jpeg

602C5D63-56EC-47E1-8BC8-F19013E51DD9.jpeg

3D4163C7-9B85-4FD7-B455-58385BE5186D.jpeg

C81B83DF-AAAC-4950-A949-5FD2B85F318F.jpeg

1AA50375-6120-4AA2-A65A-B76B3F7A6393.jpeg

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Well get the tools out and put that Jeep back together......

Sponsored

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Update
Well I spent all day getting the front axle in and I’m running into some issues with the Ultimate 44. I found that some of the brackets on the axle are a little tighter then the OEM and couldn’t get my passenger side sway bar end link in. I had to grind it down a few millimeters. It fits now! But my biggest issue is that my Fox steering stabilizer won’t fit in the bracket! I hope someone can give me some tips on how to get it to fit.

143AB19A-B6BC-4DF5-B930-2A5833B0EBFD.jpeg

334FFA4D-2397-4372-A426-1E4C7E9CFF6A.jpeg

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Update
Well I spent all day getting the front axle in and I’m running into some issues with the Ultimate 44. I found that some of the brackets on the axle are a little tighter then the OEM and couldn’t get my passenger side sway bar end link in. I had to grind it down a few millimeters. It fits now! But my biggest issue is that my Fox steering stabilizer won’t fit in the bracket! I hope someone can give me some tips on how to get it to fit.

Jeep Wrangler JL Blown diff! Time to upgrade!!! 334FFA4D-2397-4372-A426-1E4C7E9CFF6A

Jeep Wrangler JL Blown diff! Time to upgrade!!! 334FFA4D-2397-4372-A426-1E4C7E9CFF6A
Looks great!

Interesting about the passenger side sway bar. I helped a friend of mine put this axle on his Sahara and we ran into the same issue. The problem was the outer bracket wasn't welded straight. Even the stock link wouldn't fit. It didn't really matter in the end since we were using JKS quick disconnects; that part of the axle gets cut off to make those work.

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Looks great!

Interesting about the passenger side sway bar. I helped a friend of mine put this axle on his Sahara and we ran into the same issue. The problem was the outer bracket wasn't welded straight. Even the stock link wouldn't fit. It didn't really matter in the end since we were using JKS quick disconnects; that part of the axle gets cut off to make those work.
interesting. Well I’m glad I’m not the only one with that issue then. Hey was there some nylon washers that came with your kit? I’m trying to figure out where those go

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
interesting. Well I’m glad I’m not the only one with that issue then. Hey was there some nylon washers that came with your kit? I’m trying to figure out where those go
I think they're shaft guides, but we didn't use them either. Did you have any issues with the zerk fittings? Ours were painted over and came installed incorrectly. The flush ones were on the top and the standards on the bottom. The u-joints of the shafts wouldn't clear the bottom ones, so we switched them.

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
I think they're shaft guides, but we didn't use them either. Did you have any issues with the zerk fittings? Ours were painted over and came installed incorrectly. The flush ones were on the top and the standards on the bottom. The u-joints of the shafts wouldn't clear the bottom ones, so we switched them.
oh gotcha so it doesn’t look like I really needed them. Mine were painted too but I was able to install it without any issues

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oh gotcha so it doesn’t look like I really needed them. Mine were painted too but I was able to install it without any issues
It's a fantastic product, but we were really surprised at how many little things we ran into that hung us up, like the zerk fittings and the sway bar bracket. The axle shafts weren't properly secured in the crate, either, so they bounced around during shipping and scratched the shit out of the axle. All of these things were easy to address and take care of, but these shouldn't be things any customer should deal with considering the price. Nonetheless, we're looking forward to giving this thing a proper beating.

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
It's a fantastic product, but we were really surprised at how many little things we ran into that hung us up, like the zerk fittings and the sway bar bracket. The axle shafts weren't properly secured in the crate, either, so they bounced around during shipping and scratched the shit out of the axle. All of these things were easy to address and take care of, but these shouldn't be things any customer should deal with considering the price. Nonetheless, we're looking forward to giving this thing a proper beating.
yeah for sure. I would expect the quality control to be extremely good with the price you pay. I’m still happy with the over all quality of the axle
Sponsored