hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
yeah for sure. I would expect the quality control to be extremely good with the price you pay. I’m still happy with the over all quality of the axle
Did you swap to Rubi big brakes also?
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
i was looking at getting some 6 piston brakes. But as much as I’ve spend I’m going to have to wait a little bit to get those
I can understand that...

befu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport, 2005 TJ Sport, 2000 TJ Sport
Looks awesome, what an adventure. What did you do with your rear? Just regear and stock LS?

I too recently purchased an ultimate dana 44 for our 2019 Sport. Now trying to figure out what to do for a rear axle.
A: build M200 (don't really want to do this and as far as I know, there are no differentials available for it yet.)
B: Find a M220 sport axle and regear it. Again, OK, but trac lok is only diff you can get for it or an ARB air locker.
C: wait for a local M220 rubicon rear axle to come available and regear it.
D: Not sure, but I think the next step up is a D60 for $5k or $6k, which is a heck of a jump from a rubicon 44. Plus right now I am running 35" tires, and that is a big ole differential hanging down for 35" tires.

Sponsored

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Looks awesome, what an adventure. What did you do with your rear? Just regear and stock LS?

I too recently purchased an ultimate dana 44 for our 2019 Sport. Now trying to figure out what to do for a rear axle.
A: build M200 (don't really want to do this and as far as I know, there are no differentials available for it yet.)
B: Find a M220 sport axle and regear it. Again, OK, but trac lok is only diff you can get for it or an ARB air locker.
C: wait for a local M220 rubicon rear axle to come available and regear it.
D: Not sure, but I think the next step up is a D60 for $5k or $6k, which is a heck of a jump from a rubicon 44. Plus right now I am running 35" tires, and that is a big ole differential hanging down for 35" tires.
I ended upgraded to the rubicon factory Dana 44 axle with the elockers. I didn’t want the front to be wider then the rear so I just ordered the crate axle from America’s most wanted 4x4. It was fairly cheap for a fully assembled rear end. I would love to have gotten a Dana 60 rear but I wasn’t going to drop that much money so I could run 37’s. I’m happy with the route I’ve taken.

befu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport, 2005 TJ Sport, 2000 TJ Sport
Did they regear it for you or a local shop/you? I need 4.56 gears and I am not finding anything available for under $5k ready to go. So it looks like my best bet is the rubicon rear axle and purchase a regear kit for $500 - $600. At least my JLU is fine, so I have time to get the parts.

OP
OP
my_0range_crush

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Did they regear it for you or a local shop/you? I need 4.56 gears and I am not finding anything available for under $5k ready to go. So it looks like my best bet is the rubicon rear axle and purchase a regear kit for $500 - $600. At least my JLU is fine, so I have time to get the parts.
I regeared it to 5.13 at After Hours Motorsports in Denton Texas. That’s a lot for a kit. Be sure to shop around your area and see what it’s going to cost for them to regear it for you.
Sponsored