Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
So obviously I got time to put the tires on wheels. They went together like you would expect . Lots of Anti seize and balance balls everywhere. I have a case of torque wrench elbow also.
This is my first time using balance beads on this large a tire. I used 12 ounces in each tire. Not many miles yet but so far so good. I was surprised to find the new 37 ( more like 35.5 which is good for me and what I wanted) mounted on the method is actually five pounds lighter than the XR wheel with 35's. Now for a spare rubber bumper hack.
I went to tractor supply just now and bought a couple Flexible couplings. 2"x 1" 1/2 and a 1 1/4 PVC coupling. Cut the pvc coupling in half. They are for stability. Clamp not needed on that end. There is a little adjustment. I have it pulled out against tire then tighten hose clamp. Clamp can be painted to hide hack. Seems to work so far.

Update 04/24/22 after about 1500 miles. The balance beads are working great. I used 12 ounces per tire as recommended. I have used these in UTV's and motorcycles in the past with success but this is my first time trying them in a tire this big. The BFG's are not easy to balance and take quite a bit of weight in my experience. This is my 4th set. One of my tires had a vibration at 55. I switched it out with the spare. I will break it down and spin it 180 to see if that takes care of it. I will also add a few more ounces of beads at that time.
Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rubi XR build IMG_4377.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rubi XR build IMG_4378.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rubi XR build IMG_4379.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rubi XR build IMG_4380.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Here is another quicky. Redline hood struts. Best 120.00 spent in a long time. 10 minute install and very sweet. Really recommend this one.

IMG_4360.JPG

Lndshk

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Hydro Blue, 2023 JLURXR Sarge Green
So obviously I got time to put the tires on wheels. They went together like you would expect . Lots of Anti seize and balance balls everywhere. I have a case of torque wrench elbow also.
This is my first time using balance beads on this large a tire. I used 12 ounces in each tire. Not many miles yet but so far so good. I was surprised to find the new 37 ( more like 35.5 which is good for me and what I wanted) mounted on the method is actually five pounds lighter than the XR wheel with 35's. Now for a spare rubber bumper hack.
I went to tractor supply just now and bought a couple Flexible couplings. 2"x 1" 1/2 and a 1 1/4 PVC coupling. Cut the pvc coupling in half. They are for stability. Clamp not needed on that end. There is a little adjustment. I have it pulled out against tire then tighten hose clamp. Clamp can be painted to hide hack. Seems to work so far.

IMG_4377.JPG

IMG_4378.JPG

IMG_4379.JPG

IMG_4380.JPG
Nice hack! That tire sure sits out pretty far compared to stock.

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Nice hack! That tire sure sits out pretty far compared to stock.
Thanks. It does. Went from 5ish back space to 3.5. I like the added width though. Maybe a little less squirrelly in the wind. I do like to go a little wider when lifting a vehicle if possible.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Engineer and Brewery Owner
I was actually looking for a 392 but refused to pay the extortion fees. This one turned up as a order someone had cancelled. Couple weeks and a deposit and it was mine. Already had the Metalcloak GameChanger waiting in garage. Also ordered the front and rear bumpers and license plate holder from Metalcloak. I had a older Smittybilt winch not being used. Installed a new recovery rope from TRE. Supposed to be silver but looks a lot like white. Oh well. Here are a couple pics with lift, bumpers and winch installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rubi XR build IMG_4360.JPG

What size GC lift did you install? I'm looking at the 2.5" GC and wanted to get a little perspective.

Sponsored

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
What size GC lift did you install? I'm looking at the 2.5" GC and wanted to get a little perspective.
I went with the 2.5. I started with a xr rubi so it was already 1.5 lift. I gained 2.5 almost exactly. Thats with bumpers, winch and sliders. If you have any questions let me know. I am so far very happy with it. I have Fox 2.0 shocks on it right now till my 2.5’s get in. I am going to update this thread soon as I have more miles on it now and lots more stuff in waiting to be installed.

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Couple parts going on.
TeraFlex spare bracket.
Klein remote start.
Energy Bumpers.

IMG_4389.JPG

IMG_4395.JPG

IMG_E4390.JPG

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Fedex delivery on Easter Sunday. Who would of ever thought. This was a sweet surprise. Rears are still backordered months away.

IMG_4399.JPG

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Sooo finally got some time to do some quality jeep one on one. I have also updated some already installed stuff now that I have some miles on them.

The Kleinn went on easy enough. The instructions were not updated however. I think there was a few changes along the line. One is to access the push button start it is best to remove climate control panel. Not under steering wheel panel. Doing this and glove box is all thats needed if your not hooking lights into system. Other BIG miss is "Lock, Unlock, Lock" to start. Instructions state lock three times. I tried this several times before calling customer service. They were great and answered my question before I finished asking it. Guess they are getting a lot of calls. Kind of a big deal. Has worked great.
The TeraFlex spare bracket is a great addition. Very sturdy and a nice complete kit. Very easy install and adjustable. Once I knew the new wheels were 1.5 inches out from stock I knew it was bracket time. I was not a fan of the stock plastic bracket that comes on these. To much bouncing around for me. As you can guess the spare hanging out another 1.5 inches does not help. All though my quick hack works fine I saw these Energy Suspension bumpers for a Jk and bought them thinking they were solid. They are not. Hollow at the end so they can be easily trimmed. They fit with some light sanding of the nipples. Guessing the JK has a slightly bigger hole ("that's what she said"). To be honest I don't even think bumpers are needed with the Teraflex bracket. It is so solid spare does not even move when slamming tailgate.

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rubi XR build IMG_4394.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rubi XR build IMG_4406.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rubi XR build IMG_4391.JPG

IMG_4392.JPG

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
On deck.
Waiting for return of EC stabilizer. Need more pressure.

IMG_4397.JPG

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Sooo finally got some time to do some quality jeep one on one. I have also updated some already installed stuff now that I have some miles on them.

The Kleinn went on easy enough. The instructions were not updated however. I think there was a few changes along the line. One is to access the push button start it is best to remove climate control panel. Not under steering wheel panel. Doing this and glove box is all thats needed if your not hooking lights into system. Other BIG miss is "Lock, Unlock, Lock" to start. Instructions state lock three times. I tried this several times before calling customer service. They were great and answered my question before I finished asking it. Guess they are getting a lot of calls. Kind of a big deal. Has worked great.
The TeraFlex spare bracket is a great addition. Very sturdy and a nice complete kit. Very easy install and adjustable. Once I knew the new wheels were 1.5 inches out from stock I knew it was bracket time. I was not a fan of the stock plastic bracket that comes on these. To much bouncing around for me. As you can guess the spare hanging out another 1.5 inches does not help. All though my quick hack works fine I saw these Energy Suspension bumpers for a Jk and bought them thinking they were solid. They are not. Hollow at the end so they can be easily trimmed. They fit with some light sanding of the nipples. Guessing the JK has a slightly bigger hole ("that's what she said"). To be honest I don't even think bumpers are needed with the Teraflex bracket. It is so solid spare does not even move when slamming tailgate.

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rubi XR build IMG_4397.JPG

Bret, is there a reason you kept the spare tire extension bracket installed between mopar tailgate mount and Teraflex Alpha HD? Or am I seeing something else? Also, do you have the Alpha adjustment set all the way in tight to tailgate? I will be installing an Alpha over the Mopar tailgate piece also when my XR comes. Thanks

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Hey Rick. I installed it that way because I wanted it as close as I could get to the stock location. I can come in about another 1/4-1/2 inch the way I have it but then you can not open rear window. Moving the tire out more and the bracket in seems like it would be less sturdy to me. This thing is so solid I don’t think it would matter either way though. You will really like this mount.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Rick. I installed it that way because I wanted it as close as I could get to the stock location. I can come in about another 1/4-1/2 inch the way I have it but then you can not open rear window. Moving the tire out more and the bracket in seems like it would be less sturdy to me. This thing is so solid I don’t think it would matter either way though. You will really like this mount.
Thanks bud. I will have to play around a bit with it also. Hoping I can stuff the 37 as tight as possible. Didn’t think back glass would have an issue 🤔

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Hitting the window is just my situation of where it gets parked. when my parking situation changes I will be sucking it in all the way. I will probably mount it without spacer At that time. Might try it lower as well. If your able to swing tailgate all the way then no worries. Are you running stock bumper?

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Just looked at your jeep pics. Sweet looking jeep. You might have to mess with mounting. Might need the spacer. My 37’s are 35.5 or so And MC bumper has a lot of room.
Sponsored