Black Lug Nuts?

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Well, I would, except I cannot find them on Summit Racing’s site at the moment. Bought them last spring; don’t know if they have been discontinued or not. I see, however, a number of posts here and elsewhere as to alternatives that would work. And, unfortunately, I’m at my winter home and nowhere near my Jeep records for a couple of months to check the actual part number.

FWIW, there was either 23 or 24 shipped (getting older, memory not as good). Will keep searching online.
Amazon has them, might keep searching w/ that part # for a better price
https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Auto...eep+jl+gorilla+lug+nuts&qid=1605558621&sr=8-2
Thank you, both! I really appreciate your help.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DavidJH

DavidJH

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sahara Altitude, 2008 Toyota Sequoia.
Occupation
FireMedic, Pre-Hospital Care Consultant.
Thanks everyone for all the input. Went with the Gorilla brand locking version and got them through justforjeeps.com. They arrived to me within 3 days (maybe because I'm located in the same state as their store). IMO they look great!

tempImagehvvKea.png

tempImageB8QZ4F.png

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR

Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I bought these off Amazon in July 2019

Gorilla Automotive 96644BDX Black Factory Style Wheel Lock System (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size, 24-Pack)

This is the first winter I had to drive the Jeep and they are turning brown.

F395C403-FE6E-40F8-8B46-4D6947DF14D4.png

DF0A1C56-50A9-411D-B1C4-9FA0AF073A25.jpeg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Pic18

I have had the same Gorilla's installed on my JL since the Spring of 2018...

My JL, spend lots of time in NY Winter's and it Florida at salty beaches..... I have absolutely no rust, chips, etc. on mine... Not a bit.. To this day, they look as new.

I have over 42,000 miles on my JL. I rotate the tires often..

I do not use an air gun or elec. gun on them.

When I have the lugs off, I clean and wax them..

I did get careless in socket placement on one lug once and broke off a piece of the Gorilla... I called Gorilla and they sent out a replacement at no charge to me..

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
@Pic18

I have had the same Gorilla's installed on my JL since the Spring of 2018...

My JL, spend lots of time in NY Winter's and it Florida at salty beaches..... I have absolutely no rust, chips, etc. on mine... Not a bit.. To this day, they look as new.

I have over 42,000 miles on my JL. I rotate the tires often..

I do not use an air gun or elec. gun on them.

When I have the lugs off, I clean and wax them..

I did get careless in socket placement on one lug once and broke off a piece of the Gorilla... I called Gorilla and they sent out a replacement at no charge to me..
I wish I had your experience! I only put the wheels on at about 7000 miles, and now have 21,000 miles. The dealerships have rotated the tires for me. I suspect an impact gun was used, but I’m still disappointed. I haven’t reached out to Gorilla yet, I haven’t looked into the warranty. Just posted my experience

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I which I had your experience! I only put the wheels on at about 7000 miles, and now have 21,000 miles. The dealerships have rotated the tires for me. I suspect an impact gun was used, but I’m still disappointed. I haven’t reached out to Gorilla yet, I haven’t looked into the warranty. Just posted my experience
@Pic18

Regardless of the brand lug, you use an air gun / elec. gun on them and you can expect to see what you are seeing..

Were I Gorilla, I would tell you to pound sand in regard to a warranty claim. I'm not saying this in a snide way, but in defense of Gorilla... as they probably will tell you this... unless you get lucky.. No harm no fouul asking... you don't get unless you ask.... don't get your hopes up though.. For Gorilla support... Call: 325-585-2852
Sponsored