Sponsored

Black Rhino Lug Nuts

QED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What type of lugs do Black Rhino wheels take (conical, ball, or flat)? Looks conical or ball to me, but would appreciate confirmation. Just installed a set of Primm's and the bulging conical lugs that came stock with the JLUR wouldn't fit back on (due to the bulge; I think a thinner conical would fit the opening itself if not the contact point). The shop put 1" open ended spline lugs on to fit, but I don't want to stick with open ended. I have a -18mm offset with the Primm's, from the part number it looks like the open ended splines are 1", and I measure about 5/16" of bolt past the end of the opening in the lug. What size and shape of closed end lugs do you recommend?

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rhino Lug Nuts PXL_20210109_231714408

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rhino Lug Nuts PXL_20210109_231647329
Sponsored

OP
OP
QED

QED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
For those keeping track at home, the correct answer is not the McGard 64024 cone seat lug nut. While I do need cone lugs, and the non-bulging cone lugs do fit into the opening on the wheel, the recess for the nut is relatively deep and narrow. Fitting these lugs on the wheel doesn't leave enough space around the lug for the socket to fit, and although these are longer than stock, they don't leave enough hex head protruding from the recess for any tool to grab onto. I'll try some narrower spline lugs.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Use the system by Gorilla. Every nut takes the key. The key is the same O.D. as the lug nuts so they fit into skinny places.
Sponsored