Bikini Top Recommendations

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Looking to pick up a Bikini Top for the JL soon. Looking for advice on a couple different options. I have the hard top so I don’t have Mopar Door Surrounds so that factored into my decision.

Bestop- https://www.extremeterrain.com/best...header-bikini-top-black-diamond-52610-35.html

MasterTop-
https://www.extremeterrain.com/mastertop-jeep-wrangler-bimini-top-plus-mastertwill-14300624.html

Not much info on this one but it’s an option-
https://www.extremeterrain.com/jeep-wrangler-california-brief-soft-top-black-diamond-90435.html

Any help is greatly appreciate!!
Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
NyRey87

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Surprisingly I wasn’t able to find a ton of info on here regarding real world reviews on them.
I didn't see many reviews either, but purchased thinking I had 30 days to try it out. That was 2 years ago and I really love the top. However, it's not as "simple" to deal with as plain solid bikini tops.

Sponsored

TaZ_65

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I run the bestop version during the summer with half doors and a rampage tonneau. I generally like it - it's obviously very loud on the highway in this configuration. Tiny bit of flapping if the rear straps come loose.

OP
OP
NyRey87

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I run the bestop version during the summer with half doors and a rampage tonneau. I generally like it - it's obviously very loud on the highway in this configuration. Tiny bit of flapping if the rear straps come loose.
Good to know, I really think it’s between Bestop and Master Top. I have a Diabolical Slipstream cover coming today so that will be nice to keep everything in the back secure and protected.

TaZ_65

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Good to know, I really think it’s between Bestop and Master Top. I have a Diabolical Slipstream cover coming today so that will be nice to keep everything in the back secure and protected.
The slipstream is a neat product! The difference, for me, between Bestop and Master Top is what they do with the windshield header. I prefer the finished look of the Bestop and using bolts through the latch panels for what I think is more rigidity up front. I think Master Top has better material - I much prefer the black "headliner" and has more looping in the rear to better prevent flapping. I think you'd be happy with either.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Good decision on the Slipstream. I've been running with one installed and appreciated the security when parked topless.

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2022 Chevy Colorado
Vehicle Showcase
we are kicking around the idea of getting the BesTop Trektop Slantback soft top for our Willys. Would you recoment the BesTop line of products?

Sponsored

TaZ_65

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
we are kicking around the idea of getting the BesTop Trektop Slantback soft top for our Willys. Would you recoment the BesTop line of products?
Bestop makes the factory soft tops for Jeep, so yes. I ran a trektop for a year and liked it, but wanted a different look for my rig, which is why I now run a bikini-style top.

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2022 Chevy Colorado
Vehicle Showcase
Bestop makes the factory soft tops for Jeep, so yes. I ran a trektop for a year and liked it, but wanted a different look for my rig, which is why I now run a bikini-style top.
thanks for the feed-back.

Wentworth1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to pick up a Bikini Top for the JL soon. Looking for advice on a couple different options. I have the hard top so I don’t have Mopar Door Surrounds so that factored into my decision.

Bestop- https://www.extremeterrain.com/best...header-bikini-top-black-diamond-52610-35.html

MasterTop-
https://www.extremeterrain.com/mastertop-jeep-wrangler-bimini-top-plus-mastertwill-14300624.html

Not much info on this one but it’s an option-
https://www.extremeterrain.com/jeep-wrangler-california-brief-soft-top-black-diamond-90435.html

Any help is greatly appreciate!!
What did you go with? It looks like both Bestop and MasterTop require the windshild channel/headliner where the California Brief does not?

OP
OP
NyRey87

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did you go with? It looks like both Bestop and MasterTop require the windshild channel/headliner where the California Brief does not?
I haven’t gotten one yet, we just had snow here a week ago. So we’re not quite into bikini top or doors of weather yet. That being said I’m planning on the Bestop.

I don’t believe there Mastertop requires any additional parts.

Wentworth1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t gotten one yet, we’re just had snow here a week ago. So we’re not quite into bikini top or doors of weather yet. That being said I’m planning on the Bestop.

I don’t believe there Mastertop requires any additional parts.
Yeah, that is right. I just ordered the MasterTop. We'll see...
Sponsored