malencar

First Name
Mauro Alencar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Granite Crystal Metallic
Hello,

I will be receiving my 2018 JLUR this week and I would like to buy a hoist system for my garage but have no idea if the current ones available for the JK will work with the JL.

Would appreciate recommendations (for both powered and hand-cranked).

Thanks in advance

Mauro
Sponsored

dukenc

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
Hello,

I will be receiving my 2018 JLUR this week and I would like to buy a hoist system for my garage but have no idea if the current ones available for the JK will work with the JL.

Would appreciate recommendations (for both powered and hand-cranked).

Thanks in advance

Mauro
Same question.......I need that information as well.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
not sure about a hoist but I purchased 4 heavy duty hooks from home depot rated for 75lbs each and screwed them into the cross beams in my garage ceiling and then used two ratcheting straps to lift and hang my top. worked perfect for years. I took my top off myself all the time this way. I will see if I can locate an old picture.

EDIT: Ok so I cant find an old file, so this is not my picture, but this is pretty much how I did mine without problems. Its super easy and not an expensive solution.

3355309698_d2349c8896_b.jpg

Last edited:

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
Made my own with a hoist from harbor freight, some aircraft cable and lifting straps. Probably have between $150-200 in it but with a bad rotator cuff, it's nice and easy. In the winter, I put a piece of plywood on it and store the soft top, windows, door surrounds, etc.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
I don’t think most of the JK ones will work on the JL without some modifications. The rear spoiler on the hardtop makes the gap between the glass smaller so the hook won’t fit. There is another thread asking for hoist solutions that has some pics. Lange and others will probably have a JL specific harness soon.

Alternatively you can build your own with some hooks and ratchet straps.

KCVS

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura and JLUR in KZ
I don’t think most of the JK ones will work on the JL without some modifications. The rear spoiler on the hardtop makes the gap between the glass smaller so the hook won’t fit. There is another thread asking for hoist solutions that has some pics. Lange and others will probably have a JL specific harness soon.

Alternatively you can build your own with some hooks and ratchet straps.
Havent used for hardtops... yet, but the Harken Hoister is great for 18' kayaks and is also marketed for hardtops.
Sponsored