Sponsored

BFG KM3s Coming

DesertsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Surprisingly quiet and they ride nice. You can tell that they are stiffer than stock, but not bad at all. The tire store sent me home with them at 37lbs which is a bit high. Need to drop to 30lbs.
Sponsored

Brian_18JLUR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK, Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Surprisingly quiet and they ride nice. You can tell that they are stiffer than stock, but not bad at all. The tire store sent me home with them at 37lbs which is a bit high. Need to drop to 30lbs.

How's the measurement on those? Are they true to the 35 or more at 34?

DesertsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
BFG lists them at 34.5”

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
BFG lists them at 34.5”
How tall are they mounted and on the Jeep?

My 285/75 KO2s are listed at 33.9" but on the Jeep they measure 33.0". Pretty big difference.

Sponsored

HRP

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon & 2018 JLUR
I just ordered 5 BFG KM3 35" dealer said they sit at 34.5".....I think if you measured the 33" BFG on the JLRU now you'd find they are 1/2" shorter...…
There are so many tires out there, my last 2 sets of tires were MTR 35".....I have read everywhere and seems the KM3's are the way to go.
Next year will be something else...….!!

DesertsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Steveo,

Nope. It fit fine. It’ll need the bumpstops extended, but that’s all. However, since I drink the KOOL aid, I also bought and added the Mopar tire carrier kit shortly after I brought the rig home from the tire shop.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Steveo,

Nope. It fit fine. It’ll need the bumpstops extended, but that’s all. However, since I drink the KOOL aid, I also bought and added the Mopar tire carrier kit shortly after I brought the rig home from the tire shop.

You mean the reinforcement bracket? (82215356AB) Yeah, I've got one on the way. It's way overpriced but I was thirsty, too. Plus, it adds some peace of mind IMHO.

Bill Tower

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited 4 door, Firecracker Red
I just ordered the km3 in 315/70/17 will it fit on the tailgate? Steel bumper? With out a mod

HRP

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon & 2018 JLUR
Bill, I just ordered …….
https://www.extremeterrain.com/rough-country-spare-tire-relocation-bracket-2018-jl.html
It's made for 35's on a JL tailgate.....I know there are other relocation and support brackets by Mopar, but I am waiting for a metal bumper-receiver hitch-tire carrier that I like....nothing out there yet. The RC relocator will work for now, don't do extreme stuff, it will work for now.
I have the RC in the garage, tires come in next week....then on to a 3 1/2" MetalCloak lift...…..H

Sponsored

DesertsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Another question, are those the stock lug nuts or did you need to buy some different ones?
Stock lug nuts. I guess that I could find some black ones, but they don’t really bother me.

DesertsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I just ordered the km3 in 315/70/17 will it fit on the tailgate? Steel bumper? With out a mod
The 35’s fit just fine on mine short the need to extend the bumpstops. You will need to do something there.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Stock lug nuts. I guess that I could find some black ones, but they don’t really bother me.
Thanks, I'm going with the same combo you have, different color powder coating (probably red) on my Billet Silver.

I'll probably pickup a set of these...

https://www.quadratec.com/products/16053_520.htm

The [Banned Site] guy on youtube just drilled a hole in a couple hockey pucks to extend the stock bump stops.

Sponsored