BFG Balancing issues

PJJPtx

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 392, '21 JLUR, '18 Sahara, Viper TT, Gallardo
One of the veterans discount tire recently told me that they’ve had various issues with those tires being out of round. Even though they balance, they don’t roll well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep&dogs

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
One of the veterans discount tire recently told me that they’ve had various issues with those tires being out of round. Even though they balance, they don’t roll well.
I would agree with that. Bad part about it is when they first mounted them it drove great. At about 5k they started getting a vibration and would balance out but still ride like crap. Three of the 5 tires were over 3oz out of balance after 5k. Two were able to balance out again and the one wouldn’t. Hopefully this isn’t an on going problem as they get some more miles on them.

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I have had good luck with BFG AT before but better with the MT. To me they are pretty loud. I now have Duratracs on both of my jeeps. Nice compromise between MT and AT. They certainly are not loud. The set i recently had Discount Tire put on did not seem balanced well. I called them and brought it in. The guy even came out to ask me if they did the job. He was shocked it was that far out of whack.

The last set of BFG tires just would not balance.
Sponsored