www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I can say that mine wasn’t the BSM. A few times it did go off I was in the desert with nothing within 20-40 ft from the car and it still chimed. Only thing I did to get rid of it was the oil change at 1k miles and it’s been gone since
Sponsored

MallKrawler

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara - Sting Gray
I have the exact same noise, and my dealer told me it was related to LoJack..... Which I rolled my eyes about. Do you have the official name of the tracking device so I can have mine turned off as well. It drives me nuts, and I feel like it gets longer every time I start the jeep.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

it had nothing to do with the alarm system. do you daily drive your jeep? i have has zero issues since i did the 1k oil change and added a battery tender charger to my jeep since i only get to drive it on the weeks.

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
upload_2019-7-10_14-51-27.png

Sponsored

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU 2001 Corvette 1999 SLK 230 (2) 2004 S2000 2013 Tiguan 2014 Explorer PIU 2005 F150 2011 C-200 2012 Lexus Prius TO MANY CARS!
Occupation
Retired / BUM
The real reason for this is so when people "forget" to make their payments the repo man can find you car super fast, the finance company can also disable the vehicle so it wont start to give them time to pick it up!

PinoyPinay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I finally took in my Jeep (only a month old) to the dealership to day. I too was having the "Pew Pew Pew" sound (see youtube link). It's only repeatable (consistent) if you see the Uconnect + Accept button on the radio display, otherwise you will not hear it. The service workers never heard of this sound (good thing I played them the video with sound). After looking at my Jeep through their system, the lady at the front desk looks to her Service Manager and made a comment that the vehicle was a "TK", I didn't ask to what it means (figure you guys would know...maybe).

Anyways, my Jeep did come from another dealership, so maybe, there's something they put in there...I don't know. anyways, they said it will take them a couple hours to look into it, maybe get it at the end of the day. I did mention if they want (multiple times) the video (emailed or texted) but they never said yes or no, so I figured they (technicians) know what it is about....Will let you know what happens later...

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Mine was having a beep while I was driving...finally figured out it was the radio letting me know a " favorite" artist was on another channel, I switched it to visual...no more beeps.

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
I finally took in my Jeep (only a month old) to the dealership to day. I too was having the "Pew Pew Pew" sound (see youtube link). It's only repeatable (consistent) if you see the Uconnect + Accept button on the radio display, otherwise you will not hear it. The service workers never heard of this sound (good thing I played them the video with sound). After looking at my Jeep through their system, the lady at the front desk looks to her Service Manager and made a comment that the vehicle was a "TK", I didn't ask to what it means (figure you guys would know...maybe).

Anyways, my Jeep did come from another dealership, so maybe, there's something they put in there...I don't know. anyways, they said it will take them a couple hours to look into it, maybe get it at the end of the day. I did mention if they want (multiple times) the video (emailed or texted) but they never said yes or no, so I figured they (technicians) know what it is about....Will let you know what happens later...

That's annoying! find it and yank it!

PinoyPinay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
That's annoying! find it and yank it!
I tried looking for it, the problem is that if you turn off the engine and restart it, the screen won't come back on again and you won't hear the "Pew Pew Pew" sound... you have to wait roughly every 15-20 minutes (with the engine off) for the "initialization screen" to come back on. And the only clue I have is that the sound is coming from the front passenger side speaker (at least from where i'm sitting).

Sponsored

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
I tried looking for it, the problem is that if you turn off the engine and restart it, the screen won't come back on again and you won't hear the "Pew Pew Pew" sound... you have to wait roughly every 15-20 minutes (with the engine off) for the "initialization screen" to come back on. And the only clue I have is that the sound is coming from the front passenger side speaker (at least from where i'm sitting).
Like someone stated on this thread, it could be a tracking device (dealer installed) I have a fully loaded Sahara and mine makes no noises. I would have someone turn it on for you while you had your head under the pass dash with a flashlight.

PinoyPinay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Like someone stated on this thread, it could be a tracking device (dealer installed) I have a fully loaded Sahara and mine makes no noises. I would have someone turn it on for you while you had your head under the pass dash with a flashlight.
Will do if they can't find it and once i get it back from the dealership...On a side note, I started googling for "TK", only thing that makes sense was a "TK Star" product for GPS locator, that could be installed by the other dealership.

PinoyPinay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Latest update (6 hours later, only one technician trying to use his ear to locate it): Dealer found the issue of the "Pew Pew Pew" sound...it was a dealer installed (from another dealership) tracking device alarm...problem solved...yeah.

20190830_181830.jpg

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Interesting! Thanks for the report pic. I’m gonna try and find out if I have the tracking device in mine. Haven’t had the sound in a long time though

PinoyPinay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting! Thanks for the report pic. I’m gonna try and find out if I have the tracking device in mine. Haven’t had the sound in a long time though
No problem, by the way, at the top of the report it mentions "TK139", maybe someone here that have access to the dealer system can look it up and tell us what brand this is maybe a "TK Star"

View attachment 221568

TK139.png
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0