Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Time consuming but easy enough. Bungy plugs and other BS out of way....... 7 mm and 10mm. Flat head to pry snaps.

20200927_185827.jpg
what a over engineered piece of work FCA did on this, replacing a battery should have never been designed this way
Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
what a over engineered piece of work FCA did on this, replacing a battery should have never been designed this way
It wasn't designed to replace the battery this way......

Sounds like you missed reading my posts. If you will review this thread, my posts #11 and #15 point to a MUCH easier way to replace the aux/ess battery through the fender.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase

Sounds like you missed reading my posts. If you will review this thread, my posts #11 and #15 point to a MUCH easier way to replace the aux/ess battery through the fender.
no I did catch that as well but seriously replacing a battery should be as simple as popping the hood and pulling a few terminal connectors and battery clamp and then remove and replace, should not take more than 15 mins to do this and one should not have to pull a fender flare or fuse box to get to a battery

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
no I did catch that as well but seriously replacing a battery should be as simple as popping the hood and pulling a few terminal connectors and battery clamp and then remove and replace, should not take more than 15 mins to do this and one should not have to pull a fender flare or fuse box to get to a battery
I completely agree with you! Both batteries should be on top together and easy to replace.

However, with FCAs design the recommended method is really only a few minutes more than 15 through the fender. The only risk is breaking one or two $1 plastic clips.

It's hard to understand why anyone would choose the much more difficult method through the top pulling the fuse box which is also more prone to expensive damage.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

Far be it for me to be the healer here. Jeff, I completely get where you are coming from in your don't shoot the messenger stance--where by the way this 'wasn't even my message.'

Will may be pointing fingers at FCA, not you.

I agree that FCA should have made access to this battery a lot easier from the top. Removing a fender flair without a work chair to sit on is a pain in the arse (or knees), as sure as taking this battery out from the top is.

Peace, y'all.
Sponsored