Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
@Headbarcode i was looking at the squadron sport and the sport r. what i see is the only difference is the sport r is measures 3.50" and the sport is 3.07". so my question is, is there much difference of a 1/2" size. i'm thinking in going with the sport with the 3.07" size.
The one and only difference with their lights that use the designation "r", is their round outer edge vs the usual squared with rounded corners. Their only purpose is for the fog pocket. The larger profile of the face is to fill in the daylight gaps between the lamp and the fog pocket, that would be there if one was to use a non "r".
Sponsored

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
The one and only difference with their lights that use the designation "r", is their round outer edge vs the usual squared with rounded corners. Their only purpose is for the fog pocket. The larger profile of the face is to fill in the daylight gaps between the lamp and the fog pocket, that would be there if one was to use a non "r".
ahhh. i must of had a brain freeze while figuring that out. thanks for clearing that up. i knew i was missing something.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
ahhh. i must of had a brain freeze while figuring that out. thanks for clearing that up. i knew i was missing something.
It mentions that on the BD website, just so you don't think I'm just coming up with my own conclusions. Lol!

Heres a shot taken just now of my pov of the hood glow from the squadron spots. It looks similar in this pic than it does in person.
Jeep Wrangler JL baja design squadron options / set up. 20210131_185424

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
It mentions that on the BD website, just so you don't think I'm just coming up with my own conclusions. Lol!
no. not at all. lol. info could be staring right at me and i'll either over looked it or plain missed it.

while i'm at it, i'll run this to you to see if i'm thinking this in the right way. as for the wiring. theres 3 wires on the bd lights. 2 should be the on and off. the third is for the switch light. is that right.

now i'm looking at the rough country mlc 6 switch set up (lower dash mount) what i can tell is that it has 3 progs on the switch panel for each of the 6 switches. if i'm right. they are the on and off plus the light for the switch. so i should be able to cutoff the bd switch and connect the bd wires the rc switch the same way. and wire up the bd lights to the rc relay box. it should be a straight forward easy setup using the bd wiring harness.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
no. not at all. lol. info could be staring right at me and i'll either over looked it or plain missed it.

while i'm at it, i'll run this to you to see if i'm thinking this in the right way. as for the wiring. theres 3 wires on the bd lights. 2 should be the on and off. the third is for the switch light. is that right.

now i'm looking at the rough country mlc 6 switch set up (lower dash mount) what i can tell is that it has 3 progs on the switch panel for each of the 6 switches. if i'm right. they are the on and off plus the light for the switch. so i should be able to cutoff the bd switch and connect the bd wires the rc switch the same way. and wire up the bd lights to the rc relay box. it should be a straight forward easy setup using the bd wiring harness.
The squadron spots, that I received 1st, had the full harness with relay and switch. I didn't pay it much attention before cutting off the runs to the lamps, so I only vaguely remember 3 leads already plugged into the back of their switch. The lamps themselves only have 2 wires, power and ground. That 3rd wire could only be for switch illumination, because the Squadrons are either on or off. No backlight and hi/lo like the LP's.

It sounds like the Rough Country switch is a simple digital type, like the one on the BD harness. So yeah, one prong will be power in from the battery and fuse, another prong to carry power to the lamp, and a 3rd prong to illuminate the switch. Just make sure that those 6 switches with 3 prongs are just on/off. If they are on/off/on and 3 prong, the wiring won't be as stated above. I'd imagine they are just on/off, but it's worth making sure to avoid steering you in the wrong direction.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

AROD21

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
i was on the fence but i think BD is the way to go

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I’ve checked out BD and Rigid and still unsure. I want something for some night time desert trail running. So we got some rocks and dust to deal with. So many options with color and beam type.

Just tell me what to get for A Pillar Lights. :)

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve checked out BD and Rigid and still unsure. I want something for some night time desert trail running. So we got some rocks and dust to deal with. So many options with color and beam type.

Just tell me what to get for A Pillar Lights. :)
Amber lights on the bumper would be best for dust. Any lighting on the a-pillars will reflect off the dust that's right in front of the windshield and glare your vision.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We just had a fast moving snow storm, but it was coming down in a decently dense rate. I knew the white spots and floods on the a-pillars would do nothing more than blind myself. But being me, I tried anyway and I might as well have been wearing a blindfold.

The amber LP4's are currently only available in a combo pattern. The spots were cutting through the snow curtain like a hot knife through butter, but the floods were kinda glaring my vision. Not nearly as bad as the a-pillar lights, but enough to hope Baja Designs will be releasing dedicated spot and flood lenses for their amber LP4's.

For on road amber lighting that doesn't glare back, the SAE line of lights would be best.
Sponsored