Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
  • Banned
I was doing the install of my rear bumper by myself today......and the weight was a bit much for me. So....I rather than wait for help I used a couple of chairs and a floor jack and tried to go it alone. Well....chit. I got the bumper on.....but snagged the wiring harness and pulled the wires from one of my backup sensors.

As luck would have it....the wires severed very near the sensor itself.....and I would play hell to reconnect those little wires.

So.......any info on this? If I buy a new sensor.....will I need to "recalibrate" this sensor? I saw they are location specific......and I am hoping they have some pigtails to re-connect the wires.

Any advice is appreciated. So far....going it alone on my bumper install has cost me an extra $40......and now this sensor. Also taking me about 3x longer than said. Sometimes you lose. :)
Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Should be fine buying one.

OP
OP
Foggy47

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
  • Banned
Should be fine buying one.

I ended up having to buy the whole wiring harness. Then I cut one of the sensor connections from this harness and attached it to my existing harness to complete the deal. I tried to disassemble the connector....but it is a bit beyond my paygrade. I think someone who does electronics repairs could have done this but I lack some of those skills and tools to do it. So the mistake set me back $80 for the harness. An individual sensor is available for $30 but it does not contain the female plug connector that the wiring harness contains. I'm over it.

My sensors do seem to be overly sensitive now......so I may need to figure out how and why to tame them down a bit. Lots of false sensing. Any advice would be appreciated.