Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Like I said, in ideal conditions it works okay. The screen is useless if it is raining or it is bright out. I guess the govt. morons think accidents will only happen during perfect weather.
My camera works just fine in rain or sunshine.
Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica

Valv910

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Just like a lot of things on the JL. The camera got the same cheap treatment.
But I think too that the camera is a waste. They work well in ideal lighting, but otherwise they are useless.
I must not have a JL, or a vehicle with a back camera.JL is far better than RAM, Honda and Chevy.
Resolution is great, and night lighting is awesome. No camera of any kind is good in rain, snow, etc.
Besides it's a law now that all vehicle have to have backup cameras.

Wfd1244

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL wrangler unlimited sport s
Like I said, in ideal conditions it works okay. The screen is useless if it is raining or it is bright out. I guess the govt. morons think accidents will only happen during perfect weather.
My camera works fantastic in full sunshine and when itā€™s raining. Of course there are a few water droplets on it, but the view is still clear. The LCD screen in the cab has the best clarity of any backup camera Iā€™ve seen so far, even superior to my brother-in-lawā€™s Tesla.

I wonder if yours has a problem from factory or something. I use mine almost more than the mirrors when backing up!

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Take this as a question and not an attack- muzzle, do you have a JL currently? Profile says a 2016.

So perhaps this all comes down to current users clarifying that it is, indeed, a viable device for us.

Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
So I have a black Jeep. I went to their site and picked that as a color. Hoped there would be an option. And I got this...ā€ā™‚

0CF6817D-35A1-4FF9-B8F5-1E2C937A293D.png
For when your patriotism is also dark and brooding.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Call them direct. Their customer service is top notch. They even did a custom print for someone on this forum.

Sponsored

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
Take this as a question and not an attack- muzzle, do you have a JL currently? Profile says a 2016.

So perhaps this all comes down to current users clarifying that it is, indeed, a viable device for us.
Not a JL, a 4Runner, but I am an avid fan of the JL. I was hoping they would give me a reason to seriously consider purchasing a Rubicon. I have been looking, but keep finding reasons to holdoff.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Not a JL, a 4Runner, but I am an avid fan of the JL. I was hoping they would give me a reason to seriously consider purchasing a Rubicon. I have been looking, but keep finding reasons to holdoff.
Well, cars in general are one of those things that you can pick apart all day long. When I used to be in the car business, one of the things I would always say was ā€œif there was one perfect car, there would be no reason to have different brandsā€.

The JL is the answer to many questions that wrangler owners have had over the years. We were sold on the vehicle itself, but it had its flaws compared to other options out there. Now, when you compare it to other similar concepts, the baseline is a better match and you can then state ā€œbut you can remove the doors, the top, kick butt on trails, get the looks, etcā€.

If you havenā€™t owned a Wrangler, you can stat pick it to death. But once you put one in your garage, you forget all about what else is on the road. And if the hold off is because something better in the lineup will come along- thatā€™s any vehicle. Gone are the days of just swapping colors or special editions. But you can look at history and see the wranglers donā€™t change much from year to year. A 2007 JK remained about the same until the end of 2018, so you wonā€™t have too much FOMO with this brand.

Maybe that helps.
Sponsored